Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I do not own a Trail Blazer based vehicle but I hope some of you can help with information on this platform.
I am a member of the Buick Club of America and my area of expertise is the Buick Reatta, but that is not why I am here. I recently put together a piece for our monthly magazine called the "Stealth Buicks". One of those vehicles is the Buick Rainier. From what I can find, the Rainier was the only short wheelbase TB based vehicle that could be had with the V8 engine except for the SS....that would make them closely related.
I have contacted GM Heritage for production numbers on the Rainier and all they can tell me is the number of 2 & 4 wheel drives that were made each year. Ward's Automotive Yearbook goes a little further and gives a percentage of the total production that had the V8. Now I want to know how the V8 was split between the 2 & 4 wheel drive cars.
I noticed a post that was 2 years old and the poster had some connection at GM that broke the SS numbers down and I am hoping that someone here has that connection and can help me with the Rainier.

No I am not writing a book but am putting together articles for the Buick publication on several of these performance Buicks. When I get enough information, the Rainier will be one of the articles. I will be reading a lot of post here and probably asking more questions. One that comes to mind is the Rainier was built a Buick, which means it was never intended to be equivalent to the SS, but I suspect the SS has items like sway bars that could improve the handling of the Rainier.

Please jump in and post anything you know about parts that would be interchangeable and would make the Rainier a better overall performer.
Most people think the last performance Buick was the 1987 GN, but Buick slipped some secret cars into the mix. One sleeper is the 2008 & 09 Buick Lacrosse Super, with a 5.3 aluminum V8, this is again the sister of the Impala SS, production was very low compared to the Chevy.

I know this is the TBSS forum but you people know a lot about this platform and only Rainier forum I have found is a ghost town. If this post need to be moved to a different header, let me know, I started under General.
Thanks for helping an outsider.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Welcome, hope you find your answer!

·
Registered
07 tbss
127 Posts
The regular TB could be had with a v8 in short and long wheelbase, same with the gmc envoy. The saab's could also be had with the 5.3 and 6.0.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Most parts that fit a TBSS will fit a Rainier. Sway bars, suspension, brakes, motor, trans, etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts