Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Options for a good daily driver cam. I seen the PCMFORLESS "stealth" cam in low and high lift. It is supposed to sound like stock with no chop and have gains of up to 25rwhp(na) and no need to run headers and it also has good gas mileage and pass emmisions.The next cam i seen is the "rob style" cam which also has good gas mileage but has a noticable chop at idle. PCMFORLESS told me the rob cam dosent need headers but they will help it perform to its potential. I am not set on doing a cam but i am doing sum research to see whats out there for what i would want and need out of a cam. My truck is a daily driver that gets driven about 10 miles a day. I want a cam that dosent need headers, makes good power, and dosent sound radical or even really tip off people that it has a cam. I think the rob cam could be quiet thru a set of stock manifolds and stock y-pipe and make more power then the stealth cams. If anybody has done one of the "stealth" cams or knows of another cam that has good gains, stock sounding lope or slightly over stock, dosent need headers and gets decent mileage let me know please. I would like to keep my truck as much of a "sleeper" as possible.

·
Premium Member
'06 TrailblazerSS
5,328 Posts
Pm Matt, (Lt1z) he can spec something specific for your needs and goals. He knows his stuff and you can get something custom instead of an off-the-shelf type of cam.:2cents:

·
Registered
2006 silver 2wd
364 Posts
When I had the full magnaflow catback with a catted y-pipe/kooks LTH you could barely hear any lope to the Rob style cam. Sounded pretty close to stock.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Ive looked into gettin ls7 cam cause its on a 117... Actually may post bout it to get input...

Ive had off shelf and custom grind both had their goods and bads..

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
LS7 cam has way too much split, IMO, for a cathedral port.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Guess I dont need to post thats enough info to say no... Thanks to the both of ya!! Im an aero so looking to be sleeper bout it... Ive had couple cams in silverados.. All on 112 ,i will always love that choppy sound but wanna go different route this time!!

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
I agree with the guys above about the LS7 cam. Not worth the trouble with that one. Valve events are all wrong for a TBSS.
Agreed we picked one up really really cheap and since I wanted to put a melling pump in my tbss I said what the hell.
Pros
Idle quality is so much better
Maybe a lil up top but to high for truck intake

Now I dont believe i lost any power just not worth the trouble as Matt stated.

Whats that saying? If you dont try you will never know.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Agreed we picked one up really really cheap and since I wanted to put a melling pump in my tbss I said what the hell.
Pros
Idle quality is so much better
Maybe a lil up top but to high for truck intake

Now I dont believe i lost any power just not worth the trouble as Matt stated.

Whats that saying? If you dont try you will never know.
This is true Jake. But running the numbers on the cam will quickly tell you it isn't optimal. Though in theory things like this have worked before...like using an 02+ LS6 cam in a 5.3 for a blower application or an LS9 cam in an LSA.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
This is true Jake. But running the numbers on the cam will quickly tell you it isn't optimal. Though in theory things like this have worked before...like using an 02+ LS6 cam in a 5.3 for a blower application or an LS9 cam in an LSA.
Oh we agree but some things that shouldnt have worked have, and you know sometimes things that should dont.

That cam is on its way out for the speed inc torquer I got on a trade

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Oh we agree but some things that shouldnt have worked have, and you know sometimes things that should dont.

That cam is on its way out for the speed inc torquer I got on a trade
Don't know of anyone running that cam. The intake valve closes mighty early...

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
One day, Matt, I'm going to ask you to spec a cam for me. Not ready for the labor, yet, but one day ;)

I am going to WCCH next week to discuss heads for a 7L ERL setup. Buddy wants a good idle, very streetable cam. 3800# car with a Tremec TKO600, 3.73 gears.

Me...argh...thinking about a cam every day...maybe heads, but I need to figure some other stuff out first.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts