Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Philanthropist
Trailblazer SS
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am seeing this a heck of a lot. So I'll just post what I've been thinking. My cam would break the factory springs. My cam required tuning. My cam required a convertor. So does that qualify me as "cam only", if all of the supporting parts needed to be replaced as well? Just to keep away the finger pointers, heres my list. 3,000 stall, cleaned up heads (not ported), heads also shaved, new push rods, valve springs, ported T.B., ported intake, headers, non cat Y, trans tuning, and finally reworked ECM. So lets say some one does go out and buys a cam that works with the factory springs, is that person not going to get it tuned? In all honesty that cam untuned would be worth maybe 15. Then 30-35 with a tune. On a stock 2WD SS I'm guessing that would get it to the 13.7/13.8 range. I'm assuming you can run DR's to set a fast "cam only" time also? If I am wrong about any of this, some one please explain.

·
Philanthropist
Trailblazer SS
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Read the "fastest" thread. It explains everything.
Doing so now.

For the love of prezels! I dont fall into any one of those, poop. Oh well, I'm still gonna be a hater of the "cam only" rules.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Cam only means untouched heads as for a porting or milling.

13.7-13.8 will not even get into the parking lot of the cam only record or the time that people will see this fall.

I know of 2 right now that according to the 1/8 times will dip into the 11s with no problem what so ever.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Cam only means untouched heads as for a porting or milling.

13.7-13.8 will not even get into the parking lot of the cam only record or the time that people will see this fall.

I know of 2 right now that according to the 1/8 times will dip into the 11s with no problem what so ever.
Me! And uhh... who else? Me again? Lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Your so full of your self wade.. :muahaha:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
No porting or power adders would be considered cam only. Otherwise people say heads and cam, or spray/boosted etc.

·
Philanthropist
Trailblazer SS
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
if the heads have been off and are not 100% as factory cast...

you do not fall in the cam only section...

and honestly none of these trucks do..

cam only... is

cam and supporting mods (i.e.) springs, pushrods, retainers and locks...

this all started in the f body world... where most cam only cars were built using manual trans cars...

exhaust mods are allowed..but i dont feel a convertor should be one of the mods allowed... a built trans does not change performance or drop et... it just allows you to apply the power you have so i dont consider it a mod...

EVERY single person has a different idea about what falls in what class...

same thing with the old... what is the difference between a street car, and a race car..

me... i feel if its got anthing more than a 6pt bar in it... its a race car....

but then you get larry nelsons nova thats been bottom 6.90's at over 210 after being driven 1500 miles in the rain on drag week... yes thats a street car... if you can drive your shit across the country damn near... and go 6.90 then pack it up and drive back throught the rain on the same tires... your doing it right...

its a matter of interpretation.... all of the "players" never show all their cards.... just cause its cam only.. dont mean thats all thats there... trust me. interpreting the rules/guidlines, seeing whats said, and not said... and then applying it to your platform... is how it works...

smokey yunick comes to mind at that point...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
I consider cam only to be boltons and a cam. Heads must be as cast from gm.

Sent from a hilltop using smoke signals.

·
Philanthropist
Trailblazer SS
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I remember Smokey acid dipping the car. Rules said it had to have a stock body. Never said how thin it could be:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
In a buddies Lightning we ran into a TBSS that told us he was Cam only... I said "cool, we're stock pulley." He laughed and it was a mutual acceptance of deceit lol.

Same difference when someone tells you they are "All motor... plus spray" :wtf: Yeah my DSM is all motor... plus boost. :coolthumb:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts