Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on cams. The 3 I am looking at are the PCM of NC Hellcat, PCM of NC Attitude V3 and Texas Speed Torquer V2. The last 2 are on the larger side I realize.

Last year, I spun the #6 and it has been sitting in the garage since then. I just dropped it off last week at the machine shop and am now ready to order all my parts. After talking to both companies and getting their recommendations, these are my 3 choices.

I will not be driving this to work every day, but there will be plenty of days that I do. It is mostly going to be for fun. I want some nice chop and I want it to move when I hit the gas. I was always very disappointed with it as stock. Coming from a F150 Ecoboost, this just seemed sluggish and sad. Maybe mine was just worn out when I got it, I don't know.

I will be doing a complete rebuild including LT headers, complete exhaust, stall converter, rebuilt trans, tune, maybe some cut outs and whatever else is needed.

I want this to be fast enough to blow the doors of any stock camaro/mustang (not necessarily the SS's or Shelbys), btu still tame enough for the wife to run to the grocery store in, without having to "show her how to drive it".

So far, I really like the sound on the Torquer V2 much better than and of the videos I have seen of the 2 PCM cams, but wanted to get some other opinions.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS
1,549 Posts
With the mods you have (headers, stall) you can run any of those cams. Our Hellcat is the largest cam we sell that we'd consider to have good street manners, the Attitude V3 is a notch smaller. If it's mostly a truck for fun then I'd definitely do the Hellcat. It's the largest of the three, it sounds off nicely, yet it's not going to be a PITA to drive. There will be nothing different for your wife to do driving-wise from now to cammed w/ Hellcat (once tuned of course). Here's a video of it on YT, I went back and added it to the product page too.

I think the main difference is that we specifically designed this for a heavier vehicle (we use it in cars as well depending on the circumstances), so it really wakes up a TBSS in the right places. If my own TBSS wasn't Magnacharged I'd be putting a Hellcat in it, lol. We sell full cam install kits/oil pumps/etc so we can get a full package going to set up your build.

PS you'll want injectors too (no matter which of those three cams you go with - they will all exceed what the stock ones can supply). I like the FAST 33s, affordable and drive well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts