991 Posts
What is different on the ca legal? I have a TVS 1900 that is 1 year old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,291 Posts
As far as the smog tech is concerned nothing. Lol

The 2300 direct drive and 1900 look identical.

The 2650 is a jack shaft and is much taller you may slip it by. But just depends on how much your smog shop knows.

The real question is home many folks are running these blowers on stock manifolds and cats? Cause your going to need that too to pass smog. No carb legal long tubes for these.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is correct, I OE is very specific about pulley size and no more than 7lbs of boost. Manifolds, cams, headers, ect are all out of the question for CA, BUT.....
where else are you going to get bolt on 120 HP overnight?!
Incidentally, PMCofNC sells a Stealth cam specifically for blower setups that probably won't be detected by smog tech......their claim is an additional 50 HP.
Unfortunately the labor involved with doing a cam change out is no minor affair, and then you might as well change out rockers, springs and such. $$$$,

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to mention......its not the actual blower that will be inspected (well, not in the official sense anyway) but a special CA CARB Compliance STICKER that is included with the sets. You MUST have this sticker and place under the hood for inspection techs to see.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
63 Posts
Correct, but I think there may be some guidance in the Carb # as to what to look for in inspection. Could actually be a picture too?
Forgot to mention......its not the actual blower that will be inspected (well, not in the official sense anyway) but a special CA CARB Compliance STICKER that is included with the sets. You MUST have this sticker and place under the hood for inspection techs to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts