Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It never ceases to amaze me the number of people that STILL have no idea of how awesome the SS is; and its because of this, I get people trying to test me on the streets. Case-in-point: I won't even discuss the Expedition that tried to run me (dude damn near rear ended someone weaving in & out of traffic trying to catch up to me after I dusted his ass by about 4 cars--no contest). Instead, I was at the stoplight on Halsted St. and this old guy in a Cadillac STS pulls up; an older model I think, round 03,05--something like that. So, I'm thinking this old guy is NOT going to run with me, so I start trying to find something on the radio. Light turns green, and WTF---old dude lets loose on me!! At first, I laughed a little, but that stopped as I see old guy really wasn't playing--he thought he could actually take me. So, I open the beast up and pull side by side with him after one block. I look at dude for a hot second; Old dude is looking like "what tha hell?!?" :ranting: Then I punch it again. His Caddy was quick, I'll give him that, but nothing else. I shoot past Pops and slow down after I got about 4 cars in front of him. We pull up to the next light, and old timer refused to pull even with me, obviously embarassed. Chalk up one more converted believer in Chicago. Lessons learned: 1.)always know what you're going up against... 2). You never know who's going to test you, so be ready at all times....:afro:

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Rule 3. Want to destroy your suspension? Drive like a fucktard wannabe racer on Halsted. There's one smooth spot on that whole road and it's barely a full car length. You forget you're on the south side where even the tards in a Geo Metro will try to pull the bus lane drag race.

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats true; not too many try that with the SS, but I do get the occasional person with big balls trying to test me using that bus lane. Not sure of what "spot" you're referring to, but me & Pops got it in from 119th to 115th, and even that strip of street isnt ideal~TTT~TTT. I prefer opening it up on the Dan Ryan...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
713 Posts
Not trying to ruin your rant, but the cars you're racing aren't anything special they're just everyday drivers. Have more respect for yourself and just laugh/grin and move on. Race something worth racing :D

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,479 Posts
Not trying to ruin your rant, but the cars you're racing aren't anything special they're just everyday drivers. Have more respect for yourself and just laugh/grin and move on. Race something worth racing :D
:iamwithstupid:not worth putting all that stress on your car..

·
LS2 Soccer Mom's Truck
Scion xb...sob sob
700 Posts
It's funny you say that because the other day I smoked a 1.8 Jetta with all my friends in the car and I was like "holy shit this truck is fast!" My previous two cars barely had 230WHP so coming from a SR20 240sx and a 2.7L Tib beating a chipped Jetta was big news. I need to learn where this truck stands in the racing food chain...lol

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Back in the 60's early 70's Halsted was the place to be for drag racing from what I'm told by some veteran gearheads I've come across. The problem running on the south side like that is that people are stupid and just run across the street and don't worry about getting hit. Or worse, they run out in front of you on purpose. That's just the mentality of people these days. Example. I was walking out of the store and even thought there's a stop sign for the crosswalk, I stopped to make sure the guy coming was going to stop. Meanwhile the teenage kid walking out behind me walks out into the crosswalk and says "what are you waiting for? If he hits you just sue him." I quickly asked him if he had ever been hit by a car and he replied no. I said that I had been hit when I was about 17 because I wasn't paying attention. And it [email protected]#$^*& hurt. It's not worth the pain and suffering to be rich and have chrome plated wheelchair ramps going up to the front door of my brand new 5000 sq ft ranch house. What an idiot.

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh please believe--in no way am I bragging about beating ole boy; it was a given. I just found it funny that he had the audacity to run me. I've picked fights & ran with cars/suvs well worth the effort. I've ran with Formulas, Lexus suvs, BMW's, Mustangs, Magnums, Malibu SS's, a F-150--hell, even got tha shit kicked out of me by a Viper on the expressway. Just today on my lunch break, me & and an Infinite suv got it in--think it was a Q35 or something like that; he never got in front of me, so I don't fully recall the model. My point is--you win some, you may lose more--its all fun to me. I figure like this--if you pull up on me at the light or even in traffic thinking your auto can run, I'm going to make you prove it--bottom line. Since getting my SS, I reverted back to my Formula days--rarely did I ever back down--even if I knew an ass-whippin awaited me. Driving my SS is the most fun I've had since my Formula; whether I win or lose, I enjoyed the experience...

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
^^^^^ let me know when you wreck it. I might be able to use some of the parts........if there are any.

·
Registered
TrailBlazerSS
665 Posts
Yeah i love my ss and its stock for the most part but i still think they are slow. i love getting people jacked up to street race and then let them take off like a dumbass...
The track is a different story...

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
It's funny you say that because the other day I smoked a 1.8 Jetta with all my friends in the car and I was like "holy shit this truck is fast!" My previous two cars barely had 230WHP so coming from a SR20 240sx and a 2.7L Tib beating a chipped Jetta was big news. I need to learn where this truck stands in the racing food chain...lol
race me then :)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
You better make sure its not a STS V either. There where 2 2006 STS V in my home town and theres no way the stock or full bolt on tbss would have cought them

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2008
821 Posts
Man, I agree with you to an extent. There is nothing to be ashamed about doing a quick 0-60 in a 55 when gramps is trying to take you out. Past that, I consider it a little excessive. My general rule is to do it smart and safe, never more than 10 over the limit and with no other cars, animals, or traffic remotely involved except the one that is being goofy. Never residential or anything like that. I bought it to open up a little and I use it likewise. More power to you as long as its safe and you think a lot before getting into it a little.

·
Premium Member
06TrailblazerSS 2wd
1,448 Posts
the night after the meet(thurs 23rd)had a ram short bed tried me on the Kennedy red,lowered 22's (JOKE!!)black racing stripes,roll pan & V-8(dont know which one) & app.for plates.he thought he could pull on me I never tried to pass him but every time he hit i was all up in that ass,he knew i was playing with him.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Yo I straight whooped ASS on some fool in a Saturn Vue thinkin he was all hardass racer.

^^^^^Thats kinda like beating up a kid in a wheelchair and bragging about it. Race an SRT or a Z28 and legitimately beat them and you have something worth bragging about, most of these street racing stories should be done without hitting the gas.......of course you're going to beat most of the cars out there. Why race if you know you already won? You're not putting them in their place, you're reinforcing the obvious and putting yourself and others at risk.

I'm not the fastest car on the streets and I know it. I also know I'm not the fastest kid in the Special Olympics because I'm not a retard.

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^^^ let me know when you wreck it. I might be able to use some of the parts........if there are any.
I'll make certain you're the last person I contact.....and for the record, you won't wreck if you know how to drive, homeboy....its called defensive driving. Some have skills, others don't. :no: This isn't my first rodeo, but thanks for the well-wishes:fist::bum:

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yo I straight whooped ASS on some fool in a Saturn Vue thinkin he was all hardass racer.

^^^^^Thats kinda like beating up a kid in a wheelchair and bragging about it. Race an SRT or a Z28 and legitimately beat them and you have something worth bragging about, most of these street racing stories should be done without hitting the gas.......of course you're going to beat most of the cars out there. Why race if you know you already won? You're not putting them in their place, you're reinforcing the obvious and putting yourself and others at risk.

I'm not the fastest car on the streets and I know it. I also know I'm not the fastest kid in the Special Olympics because I'm not a retard.
I'm going to end our little heart-to-heart by saying this: I enjoy tha F*CK outta my SS, so if I wanna talk about beating a gas-powered skateboard, guess what--Imma do it. Not that i need to validate myself to you, of all people, or anyone else--I've raced the two cars you mentioned--lost to the SRT; beat the Z. If you don't enjoy yours, or you're not into what I'm talking about, there's no need to piss on someone's barbeque. Like I mentioned earlier--its all fun; I know it, the people I've lined up with know it. We're not out to prove a F*CKING thing, dude--its just guys (and the occasional girl) who like their cars, take pride in them & enjoy driving them. Lastly, I must have missed the memo declaring you the overall authority of what one can "brag" about and what one can't--please resend; I just had my morning coffee & I don't like the tissue in the bathroom.....

·
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since when is street racing considered defensive driving?
Its not....but you stay on the defensive for people who can't drive to avoid an accident. Its worked for me for over 10 years now (date of my last accident--in my Formula).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts