Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
703 Posts
I have used the FSR dual 13" SPAL fan kit. The biggest problem I had was that the wiring harness would overheat the fuses would melt. With a better harness, that problem might be avoided. I don't remember whether I have overheated when they're functioning correctly. I'm not sure exactly which SPAL fan they use. 2x brushless should be the most possible cooling.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
703 Posts
FYI, it looks like this could bolt-on to a TBSS. The fan shroud dimensions almost exactly match our stock radiator dimensions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FYI, it looks like this could bolt-on to a TBSS. The fan shroud dimensions almost exactly match our stock radiator dimensions.
Hey Tim,

As promised, we published our catalogue with all the data your heart can desire, see attached. We've been having allot of attention from TBSS owners. The Delta PAG fan combinations that work the best for TBSS' is our 18" brushless fan at 4,100 CFM or the dual 14" at 5,200 CFM, depending how much performance mods you've done. We also build custom aluminum shrouds that perfectly fit your radiator. Give me a call 212 203 2912 if you have any questions.

All the best,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
SPAL Fan Engineer here... Occasionally I check the forums for people to help. Feel free to shoot me an email with questions. I don't check the forums often.

Brent Chuck
SPAL Applications Engineer
[email protected]
(515) 289 -7042

SPAL does have a version of the standard 500W C7 fan available in the standard 'aftermarket' style of fans. P/N 30107102 VA116-ABL505P/N-103A. This fan is capable of ~45 amps at full speed. So not quite as powerful as the 600W C7 fan, but close.

FYI SPAL has several fan models that are higher performance than the fans they offer the aftermarket. The reason SPAL doesn't sell the 'high power' fans to the aftermarket is due to wiring constraints. "Most" people don't have the capability/tooling to safely wire a fan that can draw 80+ amps. So the current max they sell to everyone is the 500W and ~45 amps max.

You guys would really like to see the 1.1kW 12V fan that I was playing with earlier today. :) Unfortunately we don't sell this to hot rod guys...Because someone would install it with 12AWG wire and 100A alternator and then flame SPAL on the web when their wires smoke. This already happens on the forums I read. Quite a few people struggle with integrating our current products. I would say that any car could already be cooled with our current brushless fans. We are on drift cars with remote mounted radiators... The Hoonitruck uses two of our 14" 500 watt fans with the radiator remote mounted in the bed, so no ram airflow and still stays cool.

Here's a video...
Hi Brent
Do Spal understands that their products is sought by by hard-core hot rodders who are willing to butcher a brand new oem assembly to rig a system to help cooling down their high powered project cars?
I can't see how Spal couldn't see this business opportunity to market and cater for this community.
I did see fires in oem electrical sockets because Engineering didn't account for thermal contact degradation which resulted in high resistance eventually causing a fire!

61 - 64 of 64 Posts