Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it absolutely necessary to have Joe's frame brace thingamabob to use the C6 pan? Im assuming the pan will just hit the cross member under the PS rack, but I don't have one in front of me to actually check this out. Really what I want to know, is can I make a c6 pan fit with a sawzall, grinder, or cutoff wheel.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Is it absolutely necessary to have Joe's frame brace thingamabob to use the C6 pan? Im assuming the pan will just hit the cross member under the PS rack, but I don't have one in front of me to actually check this out. Really what I want to know, is can I make a c6 pan fit with a sawzall, grinder, or cutoff wheel.
Yes you can make it fit with air tools.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
You can used the c6 pan with a "modified" stock crossmember. Get with Greg (two-tons) I think he has some insight on the matter

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Brandon just shot me a text, you can flip the cross member around, re-drill the 4 holes and the pan will fit.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Spin it 180 or flip it upside down?:dunno:

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a C shape stamped piece, flip it around so the opening of the "c" is facing the opposite way.

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple grinding wheels are a hell of a lot cheaper than buying that crossmember from joe... 3lbs savings isnt shit.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
A couple grinding wheels are a hell of a lot cheaper than buying that crossmember from joe... 3lbs savings isnt shit.
3lbs. may be negligible, but the structural rigidity and added stiffness to the entire front suspension is one other huge benefit with Joe's crossmember...just sayin'! But it certainly is a lot cheaper cutting the stock one a little...I don't even remember why I decided to buy Joe's crossmember, but I am happy I did!

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rigid smigid. I dont even have a front sway bar in! Max effort minimum money for me.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
A sway bar won't do much good in the front, especially with the flex you get with the stock crossmember. The LC32 crossmember will do wonders for the handling (honestly) but I get what you are saying...it's an expensive little piece!

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
3 lbs may be the difference between 12.001 and 11.999.

Just make sure you take a dump before hitting the track if you stick with the flipped stock crossmember. lol

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a few caffein pills usually gets out any excess weight.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Quick question, will this also work on the awd or is this just a 2wd mod? and im guessing the c6 pan is a rear sump?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
No... the hole in the oil pan is for the front axle on 4x4 and AWD trailblazers...

only 2wd can switch to the C6 pan...

Quick question, will this also work on the awd or is this just a 2wd mod? and im guessing the c6 pan is a rear sump?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Need to convert to RWD to run the C6 pan. Only option when retaining AWD is to mod the stock pan. HOB and RPM in Delaware are offering this service. Billy is no longer doing them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts