Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the C6 oil pan installed a couple days ago, finished up Joe's front crossmember yesterday. In another thread I posted a pic of my cracked IW balancer....luckily a friend of mine had another one laying around so he let me borrow his until mine gets back from IW. Joe mentioned to me last night that I'm the only one rolling around with his front and tranny crossmember. With the Spohn upper and lower control arms, panhard bar, belltech rear springs/shocks, and both crossmembers the ride and handling is night and day from stock. I've had a lot of compliments from some local TBSS guys that have rode in my truck regarding ride quality and handling. This is a great setup if you want improved handling, ride, and steering as well as improving the launch out of the hole.

I'm finally getting true duals put on my truck today. I'm using magnaflow muffler 12469 and 2 turndown pipes dumped before the axle. Should be a lot louder but I need the added exhaust flow bad!! If the weather is good I'll be making some passes next Wednesday with the new mods.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
4,146 Posts
Last week, I installed my C6 engine crossmember kit from Joe as well to fit the C6 pan on the new engine. What are you guys doing with the transmission cooler line bracket that will no longer bolt into the C6 pan and the engine harness section that runs under the balancer since it also will not attach to the C6 pan section. Did you guys fab your own brackets to support these two things? I was just curious on how you guys handled it.

Jay

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
2,008 Posts
:coolthumb: Tim...what's next?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
Last week, I installed my C6 engine crossmember kit from Joe as well to fit the C6 pan on the new engine. What are you guys doing with the transmission cooler line bracket that will no longer bolt into the C6 pan and the engine harness section that runs under the balancer since it also will not attach to the C6 pan section. Did you guys fab your own brackets to support these two things? I was just curious on how you guys handled it.

Jay
i have stainless braided line and left the harness hanging for now.. it doesnt really hang down but was a pain in the ass to go around putting the pan on with me on my back... if you wanted to make a bracket i would be that ..

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts

Jay
I take the clips off and Zip Tie everything out of the way of th exhaust.

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:coolthumb: Tim...what's next?
About 7 gallons of C16, get the new slicks mounted on the Bogarts, track entry fee....and hopefully some more eye popping numbers.

Joe, love the pan...like chris said, it wasn't pie getting the pan up on your back with no extra hands. By the way, this dual exhaust setup sounds effin killer!!! I used the magnaflow muffler 12469 with 2 turndown tips from magnaflow, dumped it before the axle.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
About 7 gallons of C16, get the new slicks mounted on the Bogarts, track entry fee....and hopefully some more eye popping numbers.

Joe, love the pan...like chris said, it wasn't pie getting the pan up on your back with no extra hands. By the way, this dual exhaust setup sounds effin killer!!! I used the magnaflow muffler 12469 with 2 turndown tips from magnaflow, dumped it before the axle.
How about a sound clip at idle? Cant wait to hear it!

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll get a clip once I get back home....I don't really want to show off a muddy tbss!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts