Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I want to say I am new to your forum and want to say hello. I recently traded my Ram srt10 for a an 08 Tbss. I have absolutely no regrets! Easier to mod, maintain, and just as fun to drive. I have a question for all those who know more about these great rides than me, which is most of you. I purchased the truck with a k&n CAI, and magnaflow exhaust already in place. I recently had it dyno tuned by a local dealer. Very experienced tuner with Ls2 motors, but not with the tbss. However, I went thru all my concerns with him about torque management, knock reduction, and firmer shifts. What I got was I believe a good tune. Picked up about 30 hp on the high end, firm shifts etc..He even went after the dyno tune and made adjustments on the street with me. He told me he had configured the settings for me to put an efan in. He said I wouldn't require a retune. I have the stock fan in, but will be picking up the spal fan soon. The question is, can I slap the efan in and get a ecm patch without having to retune? Sorry about the novel, guys. Greatful for any info, thoughts, or concerns. Jeremy from New Mexico

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Yeah welcome aboard and happy modding. Alvin and company at PCMforLess can answer all your questions wrt tuning. How about some pics of your ride.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
The 2008 is already preset for e-Fans from factory. The only thing needed is to tweak the settings for turn on temp duty cycle depending on the type of fan, but it's not necessary if you use a relay to turn fans on full when on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.