Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, my truck is AWD at the stock ride height!

I purchased 2 new stock 255/50/20 RSA's a couple months ago(which was stupid) but now I need 2 more new tires.

My question is...
I want to buy 2 new Parada Spec X's 275/45/20 and have them on the back tires while the stock 255/50's are on the front.. Has anyone done this?

Will it ruin the ride quality and/or handling ability with the two different sizes?
Will it make the speedometer less accurate?

thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,583 Posts
The Parada Spec X has a diamter of 29.9" and the RSA is 30.1" so there's a difference to start and they may wear differently also. I personally wouldn't take a chance. Someone else may know how big a difference the differntial can handle.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Parada Spec X has a diamter of 29.9" and the RSA is 30.1" so there's a difference to start and they may wear differently also. I personally wouldn't take a chance. Someone else may know how big a difference the differntial can handle.
thanks for your input that is a good point!

it would be very painful for me to spend another $310 on those crappy tires!

cheapest i can find them for is $153 each on tire rack

i found the paradas 275/45/20 for like $125 each and everyone says theyre a much better tire

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
I agree with that-going with Paradas. I'm not sure that minute difference in height will cause any problems. Its like not even 1% difference.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,583 Posts
i found the paradas 275/45/20 for like $125 each and everyone says theyre a much better tire
Run, don't walk to get the Parada's. I bought them a few months ago and love them.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Run, don't walk to get the Parada's. I bought them a few months ago and love them.
:rofl:
Thats what I want to but i only need two.. the RSAs i just bought only have like 3000 on them

Anyone else know if it would be ok to run 275/45 in the rear and 255/50 up front??

·
BPT_TBSS
TBSS 3SS
360 Posts
I use paradas they are great in the rain. (Curb high at 40 then hit wot no hydroplaining, they were new)
I live in houston what is snow???

Joking aside expect to get 25,000 miles out of them before the become as bad a the rsa's and need replacing.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
back on topic please guys! I am waiting for a solid answer hopfully because i am ready to order now

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
No sure why you need just two tires now, but I could buy you some time. I have 4 Goodyear rsa's with about 30,000 miles on them I'll let you have for $75.

I wouldn't do the two diff sizes on an awd. I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

On a side note, I have Parada Spec X's and like them. Great in the winter and rain. However, they seem to pick up more stones in the tread, which may not be that big of a deal, but I don't like that the potential for stone chips at the back of the front doors seems more likely.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No sure why you need just two tires now, but I could buy you some time. I have 4 Goodyear rsa's with about 30,000 miles on them I'll let you have for $75.

On a side note, I have Parada Spec X's and like them. However, they seem to pick up more stones in the tread, which may not be that big of a deal, but I don't like that the potential for stone chips at the back of the front doors seems more likely.
thanks for the offer but I am not out of time. they are just above the wear bar..

and the reason why only 2 tires is because my front tires went way faster than the rears so I only replaced 2 and put those on the back and old on the front and then those got worn fast from being in the front. but yeah i should of did all 4 at once..

Anyone know if running the two different sizes be fine? looking for some piece of mind to half way get outa these garbage rsa's

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
I added this later, but I wouldn't be comfortable with two diff sizes on an awd.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I added this later, but I wouldn't be comfortable with two diff sizes on an awd.
thats how i am feeling but i dont have knowledge on whether its going to be fine or not so maybe someone else can chime in please..

thanks

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about the ride or handling with the two tire sizes. I'd be worrried about the front and rear diff turning at different speeds and the stress that would put on the front and rear diff and the transfer case. As a rule of, thumb, you just don't do it. Even though that is a small diff, any diff would make me leery.

Reactions: OG PaperPlanes

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
Yep, don't do diff sizes it with f your transfer case...I remember asking about that when I put tires ony previous denalis...that's the thing with awd is if alignment is off and/or tires wearing badly enough to consider replacement of just that one or two tires, then you must replace all tires

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Reactions: OG PaperPlanes

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok thanks guys i guess i got my answer!

maybe ill just get the parada spec x 255/50's then even though they are like $40 more each but oh well its worth it over the rsas

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
Yeah I think I'm gonna get myself a set of those bad boys... Steve let me know how the truck rides when you get them on :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just my .02 but I am on my second set of Parada's and they are only "good', using that term loosely, in the snow until about 5/32. After that I ebay them with whats left.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts