Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now first off, Remember I am AWD so I am looking for a matched all around set, no different sizes, no Skinnies, no Mismatched Sets.

Potential Wheel size is 17x8'' with an optional 18x8'' as a back up, but Id rather stay as light as possible and the 17's are 2 pounds lighter per wheel @ 20 pounds each.

These will see limited road use,to and from the local track, and mainly Drag only use, however Im not really looking to get into drag radials, as I dont think its needed, just a good sticky tire that will fit the bill.

Talk to me.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was thinking..but there is a limited amount of tires in that Size range. DO you have any specific tires that fit the bill? Also, What will I have to change in the tune for the Drags vs. My Street Diameter?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Thats what I was thinking..but there is a limited amount of tires in that Size range. DO you have any specific tires that fit the bill? Also, What will I have to change in the tune for the Drags vs. My Street Diameter?
M&H.

Changethe shift points to reflect mph for a 28" tire

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
How fast are you planning on trapping? A dr in back and street tire up front wouldn't be a bad idea...

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
With enough power to trap 120s you will probably need drag radials at least in the rear. My setup should trap about that and destroyed my street tires on a "spirited" launch. Never looked for street tires in this size but I have M&H 275/50 17 all around they are about 28" tall.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
If I would have stayed AWD, I was looking at this combo!

Front.
M&H 275/50R17
DOT Certified
TUBELESS
Comparable Race Size 10.0/28.0R17
Tread Width: 9.5"
Section Width: 10.5"
Diameter: 28.0"
Circumference: 88.0"
Rim Size: 9.0"
Code: ROD-19R

REAR.

M&H 325/45R17
DOT Certified
TUBELESS
Comparable Race Size 11.5/28.0R17
Tread Width: 11.3"
Section Width: 12.6"
Diameter: 28.0"
Circumference: 88.0"
Rim Size: 11.0"
Code: ROD-20R

I know you would be fine on a 8" rim up front and a 10 in the rear... My 390's are just fine on a 10's...

I think this set up would look so tuff and work VERY VERY well at 15psi in each tire.:muahaha:

BUT IMO, You might not want a good sticky tire up front! The last thing you need is to spin real hard then HOOK! I don't think the front diff will live through that many times...

IT WOULD HOOK LIKE A MOFO on that combo!:clap2:

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Width isn't an option unfortunately...it's gonna be 8" no matter what , they don't offer wider.

And holy jeebus...I weighed my setup last night, 74 pounds per wheel.

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
I think mine are about 50ish each.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.