Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up for those of you with aftermarket exhaust...Had the 'ol truck up on a lift today and found that my exhuast was resting on the vent hose and burnt it all to hell. Never saw it come close to that hose either during install (a long time ago) or as it sits looking under it.

So who knows what I should do to protect the rear diff vent hose? Should I wrap the exhaust?...or just wrap the new vent hose?

And yes, I will be servicing the fluid due to the chance that some outside debris found it's way in.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Doesn't the Borla come with a vapor line insulation? Either way you DEFINITELY have to wrap those lines...after you replace it. I'm surprised your check engine light didn't come on. I use self vulcanizing tape and then heat deflecting silver tape in my kits. You can get some at your local auto parts store.

·
Some PCM of NC bolton's
9,639 Posts
Doesn't the Borla come with a vapor line insulation? Either way you DEFINITELY have to wrap those lines...after you replace it. I'm surprised your check engine light didn't come on. I use self vulcanizing tape and then heat deflecting silver tape in my kits. You can get some at your local auto parts store.
Why would a check engine light come on over a burnt vent tube on the rear diff?

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I appreciate the recommendation. No, the Borla kit does not come with any insulation...or at least mine did not.

Are there any other lines that should be wrapped?? I don't appear to have any other clearance issues, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
509 Posts
my check engine light came on for some hose that got burned by the exhaust and when I would go to get gas it would stop like every dollar or so, it was a pain in the butt....they just wrapped my new one and moved it a little bit so its no longer touching the exhaust...i had a mechanic do it, so i can't help you beyond that...lol

·
Some PCM of NC bolton's
9,639 Posts
my check engine light came on for some hose that got burned by the exhaust and when I would go to get gas it would stop like every dollar or so, it was a pain in the butt....they just wrapped my new one and moved it a little bit so its no longer touching the exhaust...i had a mechanic do it, so i can't help you beyond that...lol

it wasnt a rear diff vent you can take it off and not get a code but dirt and water can get in then.

OP are you sure its the vent? thats center of the rear where its located at

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
it wasnt a rear diff vent you can take it off and not get a code but dirt and water can get in then.

OP are you sure its the vent? thats center of the rear where its located at
Pretty sure...it is actually a little off center toward the passenger side. My mechanic (GM) took a look and said that is what it was...and he is a GREAT mechanic. Does that sound right? It looks like a 3/8 inch line held on by a spring clamp, goes up toward the top of the diff where there is a hose clamp and then goes up above the spare tire (where I would think there is an air breather but haven't taken the spare off to check for it yet).

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I asked this in the parts section too...but anyone know where to get a replacement or what the part number is?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts