Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the weekend I went ahead and lowered my truck.. only problem is I can't get the bump stop to stick. I've tried pushing it with a flathead but it just keeps popping off..

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Where did you cut them at?

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Did you cut it in the valley or the peak is what I was meaning. You have to cut it on the peak if that makes sense. There are like fingers in the cups for them that have to grab a hold of.

·
Registered
tbss
485 Posts
Mine were a legit pain in the ass to get back in. I ended up spraying it with wd40 and bam they slide in.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get it only problem I'm having is am I supposed to use the c
Flat half or the half with the dome? And I cut in the middle or valley like I read here.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
You have to cut where the black line is or slightly off. you can't cut it in the skinny part. It can be lower but has to be on the wider side.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Cut about another 1/4-3/8 off of them. has to be closer to flat or on it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like I have to take a cab to work tomorrow. Way to late to recut now damn
:( truck looks so sexy though lol

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Correct. Maybe like and 1/8 away from the wider part. See how the top of it originally was, make it look close to that. Getting closer to the wider part is better than further.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome!! Thank you so much I will continue this after work tomorrow. Funny how it took me a few tries to adjust airbags for my first time. But it took me about two hours dealing with bump stops until I gave up. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts