Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone had this issue before here with shaking of a FLT trans seeing if they fixed it

A older guy bought a tbss from a bank which it was a repo. It is a flt trans thats all I can see on it.

at like 40-45mph it shakes like crazy in 3rd if i put it in neutral it totally goes away then shift back into gear and its problems.

I checked driveshaft good
i checked suspension good

any ideas before I pull it out and send it to vince?

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
2/3 clutch pack?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dropped starter checked bolts all good. I need to get a hold of vitners he has the same issue.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Have him make sure he didn't try the same experiment that he did on your wife's that caused it to fail right away.:burp:
Good luck!
Yeah I know about it we talked about it on the phone and the experiment thats why went out fast (Then again I also was doing figure 8s everywhere lol) 2nd trans he built lasted 2 1/2 years which is great. Getting another 2 1/2 years out of this one ill be happy again.

All the problems vitners had with his truck is exactly the problems im having with this truck i mean down to the T. hopefully I can get vitners to answer my pm or see this thread before I need to pull the trans out.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Sounds like the converter.:popcorn3:

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
i would call FLT to ask about it, before you send it out to another shop....

what year and color is the truck. (yes that sounds crazy, but i know of a truck that was recently repo'd with an FLT trans)

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
Yeah I know about it we talked about it on the phone and the experiment thats why went out fast (Then again I also was doing figure 8s everywhere lol) 2nd trans he built lasted 2 1/2 years which is great. Getting another 2 1/2 years out of this one ill be happy again.

All the problems vitners had with his truck is exactly the problems im having with this truck i mean down to the T. hopefully I can get vitners to answer my pm or see this thread before I need to pull the trans out.
sounds like his issues was narrowed down to a bad verter.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

Thanks Greg,
Tony knows we would help him if he needed us to. It's too soon to tell if there is a problem with the trans or it's something else. You my friend know all too well about that. :popcorn3:
Andy
yes sir i do.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

Thanks Greg,
Tony knows we would help him if he needed us to. It's too soon to tell if there is a problem with the trans or it's something else. You my friend know all too well about that. :popcorn3:
Andy

andy i know you would. actaully sidenote david the guy who bought my silver truck is doing a big build on it and sending the trans back to you guys to check you should be hearing from hi shortly.

andy ill call you tomorrow.

to go over
converter bolts are tight
driveshaft checked and swapped with a good one no change
rear tires balanced out
trans fluid is clean no metal

·
Premium Member
'08 TBSS 2wd
1,496 Posts
Any 4L60/70 trans with a Beast sun shell will have varying degrees of vibration in 3rd, since it is not balanced. Some end up better than others. It isn't very noticeable, but it is there. It only happens when the trans is actually operating in 3rd gear, since this is when the shell is rotating (also rotates in 1st, but the RPM is much lower).

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
Mine shakes in 3rd. As soon as I switch back into "D" it goes away.

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Wow, glad I saw this thread...Trucks gets an inspection right now and I'm having them check the alignment. They said it shouldn't cause a vibration, but will check it out anyway. Good to know, because mine has a beefed up sunshell.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.