Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
06 Superior Blue
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have r1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors the pads sold in the combo. Tech says I have plenty of pad left and the rotors are fairly new like 30 k on them. I randomly get this really nasty brake vibration and the truck is hard to stop. I took it to one shop who said that the rotors are warped. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
black 2006 tbss
1,064 Posts
Either they are warped or your tires are cupping.

Does it only do it sometimes? Like after driving for a bit?

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,583 Posts
:iamwithstupid: Every time it's happened to me it was warped rotors.

·
Registered
06 Superior Blue
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea its usually after driving for a bit I think.

·
Registered
06 Superior Blue
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sux I guess i need new rotors

·
Registered
'07 TBSS
65 Posts
Try getting the rotors turned. I've never owned drilled/slotted rotors but I've had success with turning standard rotors to get rid of vibration when they are slightly warped. You can usually get them turned for around $10 each so it's worth a try.

·
Registered
06 Superior Blue
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The thing is I have had what i think is "cupping" on my tires esp the fronts if that is the tread wearing in a jagged frontward angle. I have never gotten a straight answer to why, but i think it could be the fact that I have been running the wrong bilsteins for a few dozen k miles. maybe its the low rebound setting on what i thought were the proper replacements but are actually for the standard tb. Think this could be the culprit?

·
Registered
06 Superior Blue
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No the runout hasn't been checked I am thinking about some suspension upgrades and the way I see it if it is the rotors I might as well just replace them with blanks rather than go through the expense of having the runout checked.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
warpage - it can happen at any time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts