Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS 2wd
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.....so I did not know where to put this.

So I was coming down a steep mountain grade into a 180* right hand corner. I was coming into the corner about 30 mph. I hit the brakes pretty hard and saw the stabilitrak activate. When I went to accelerate out of the corner, brakes were still engaged!!!! At half throttle, I was doing 25 mph and couldn't get them to release. So, I drove like that with my flashers on, trying to get to a place I could pull over. Just as I reached an area where I could get off this two lane highway, the brakes just released on their own. Never to do that again the rest of the 300+ miles of the trip.

Has anyone had this happen to them??? I have the R1 Concepts rotors and shoes on all four corners of the TBSS....if it makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
OK.....so I did not know where to put this.

So I was coming down a steep mountain grade into a 180* right hand corner. I was coming into the corner about 30 mph. I hit the brakes pretty hard and saw the stabilitrak activate. When I went to accelerate out of the corner, brakes were still engaged!!!! At half throttle, I was doing 25 mph and couldn't get them to release. So, I drove like that with my flashers on, trying to get to a place I could pull over. Just as I reached an area where I could get off this two lane highway, the brakes just released on their own. Never to do that again the rest of the 300+ miles of the trip.

Has anyone had this happen to them??? I have the R1 Concepts rotors and shoes on all four corners of the TBSS....if it makes a difference.
If the tune stops the stabilitrak from killing power (most tunes do now that I started setting them that way years ago), you HAVE to let off the gas for a few seconds to reset stabilitrak, otherwise the brakes WILL engage.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS 2wd
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BBA, I tried to let off the gas. It was a tense situation. I was at the bottom of a steep grade and on the blind side of a 180* corner. So I just pushed the gas and got her moving enough to get out of the way.

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
You need to flush your brake system and replace it with new fluid. Happened to me and this fixed it.
Yeah this is whats wrong with your brakes! :rofl::rofl: I highly doubt it!! It sounds more like a Stabilitrak issue......................

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
491 Posts
Why don't both of you do a bit more research into the issue before dismissing the fix. It has happened to more than just me and somehow it really has been a fluid issue. I guess I should "consider the source" of one of you since I recall seeing the porting work you had done on what is now a ruined set of heads. Carry on fools...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.