Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i sold my glock 27 because i was sick of having a holster and what not. i got a baby on the way so the smaller the better, so i went out and picked up the kel-tec .380 limited, comes with a crimson trace laser. its got "Freedom and the date december 15 1791 when the bill of rights was ratified. kinda cool and my wife liked it. not a bad gun for 499 (i know the gun shops around me are really over priced) but hey i needed a gun and i bought it, pick it up next week cuz of the paper work at my job.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
they only made 5,000 of these too

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
127 Posts
Pretty cool looking

·
Registered
Trailblazer
763 Posts
Cool looking gun, might want to think about a back-up though. Kel-Tec are not known for their superior quality or zero failure rates.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,414 Posts
I want the new kel-tek shotgun! Bad boy.

·
Death Machine
1,410 Posts
So you got rid of the Glock 27 for a gun that has less stopping power and fewer rounds in the mag for the same price?? :doh:

Sorry.. I mean it looks cool but there is no way I would get rid of a Glock for that. :2cents:

·
Registered
Trailblazer
763 Posts
I want the new kel-tek shotgun! Bad boy.
Nothing beats the half century proven track record of reliability of an 870. There a reason over 50% of all LEA and the Military use a Remington as their choice for scatter guns.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got rid of the glock because i was just sick of puttin on a holster and makin sure i had clothes on that could conceal it, i owned it for 2years and never had to use it ever. so i figured what the hell i'll go smaller with the .380 round. i know theres less stopping power and range and mag cap but as previously stated i've never had to use my glock and if i ever did need to use it i doubt it'd be a long range fire fight, i only really want it for personal protection in close range. and shoty im in law enforcement i can carry.

·
Registered
07 AWD TrailblazerSS
191 Posts
oh ok...I can carry here in PA and live like 15 minutes from the NY border and have to remember to leave the gun home!!! Pain in the butt!!!!
I have heard the same about Kel Tec...my friend had one and it wasn't very good, but it is perfect for a concealed gun...
Hope you have good luck with it!!! I have a glock as well and love it! Why not get a G23 or a G27....just curious???

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I have a Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace (basically the same gun) and love it, throw it in my pocket with a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster, don't need a belt or have to worry about if my shirt rides up. There's comfortable options for guns the size of the G27, I can conceal my XD sub like nothing but you made the right choice for daily carry. I will say I'm considering the new LC9 coming out but that might even be too big for my pockets, can't wait to see one at the fun store.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
the new S&W bodyguard is reeeallly nice. no issues like the KelTec's. i was looking at this until everyone at work bought them and had the return spring failures...so i didnt get one. this one here the OP has, supposedly has been revised.

i still may get the S&W....

·
Hater
Duh
9,211 Posts
2X the price of the standard Kel-tec .380 ouch! And I still can't understand why they are putting lasers on all these pocket pistols now. Other than to raise the price. I love my LCP with nemesis holster.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
537 Posts
I carry my G27... I had a custom IWB holster made and it is great!! I don't want to carry anything less than a .40... If I ever had to use it I want to make sure that it is going to fire and stop someone in their tracks!!

·
Registered
Trailblazer
763 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts