Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to glue a plastic fuel cell to a flat piece of aluminum. What could I use to do that and make it stick?

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Liquid nails? That's some strong shit, they make several types for bonding different materials..:dunno:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,012 Posts
Bend some metal over the tank and use some self tapping screws. No glue needed. Im sure you could get some tank straps off of a car at a junk yard or pick and pull that will bend to match your tank. If you epoxy the tank to the aluminum you wont get it back off. Just my:2cents:

·
Registered
59 Posts
we couldn't find a glue to bond to the tank that would come in contact with gas. But if you just need to just bond the tank to the metal to mount it you should be able to find something to work. Curious what you're trying to do?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bend some metal over the tank and use some self tapping screws. No glue needed. Im sure you could get some tank straps off of a car at a junk yard or pick and pull that will bend to match your tank. If you epoxy the tank to the aluminum you wont get it back off. Just my:2cents:
It has too look nice. Straps overtop of a 3 gallon fuel cell in a battery location will not look to good.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,012 Posts
It has too look nice. Straps overtop of a 3 gallon fuel cell in a battery location will not look to good.
Can you weld? Do you have access to a metal brake? If so make a box. I dont think a gas tank glued to a piece of aluminum would look all that nice. IMO

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,012 Posts
you could 3m panelbond it... but im still not sure thats too safe..

make an enclosure of some sort for the cell to sit in
Same thing i siad!!:popcorn3::cheers1:

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
sorry, but if it was me..

id be finding a cell that fits the location, maybe check out chisled performance, they custom build aluminum cells for just about any combo known to man...

might be a little safer than a piece of aluminum bonded to the plastic fuel cell...

not to mention much cleaner and nicer looking... paint it black, and it'll blend right in.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've already made that but don't like the way it holds it down. I currently have two pieces of aluminum with dowels holding it together. I had the aluminum water jetted and screwed bottom piece where the battery tray was. The dowels separate the two halves. It probably will work fine I probably just need some high density foam to keep it from moving.

·
Registered
2000 T/A TBSS soon!
103 Posts
I would most definitely use some type of strap, NO glue I know of will hold (considering possibility of small fuel spill,nor will it pass safety inspections at tracks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts