Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Black TrailblazerSS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I was driving down barker when I see a silver WRX with a huge muffler sitting sideways like they always do... At first it doesn't seem as he even wants to get on it, so I downshift to 3 and my Rpms drop... I look over and he's smiling, that's when I knew he bit, we come up to a light and it's red. I look over and he won't even look... The lift turns green and I give it about 50% off the light, then I hear his turbo spool and his BOV as he shifts into second. I mash on it and I hear his loud ass exhaust and I never look back until about 75 and his bumper is at my rear tire and I'm just walking away.... Second race... We are already rolling and BAM he jumps on it. So I mash again and start reeling him in... Eventually I pass and he never looks over... After that I talk to my buddy with An STI, apparently he works over here and he's got the normal bolt ons... Intake full turboback exhaust, BOV and a tune... Not an amazing story but kinda proud of my basically stock TBSS especially coming from the tuner world!!!

·
Test tha rest, not Tha SS
TrailblazerSS
1,113 Posts
:coolthumb:
Nice kill, man....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Nice kill.:coolthumb:

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
mods???

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
WRX not a tough kill. Not easy but not too tough.

STI he coulda spanked you hard, there are a few around me that'll beat the SS ugly.

·
Registered
Black TrailblazerSS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha you're right. Not an amazing kill but non the less respectable. I'm a rwd TBSS with an electric fan kit that's not tuned yet and a muffler delete... Oh... Also tinted tail lights... About 20rwhp right there.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
221 Posts
So the STI has intake, tune, turboback, and exhaust, or the guy you raced does?

-Shane

·
Registered
Black TrailblazerSS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Te WRX had that, my buddies STI is fully bolt on. He's way too quick. I ran him in the mazda and it was close he pulled about half a car. And I was faster then I am now

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
Haha you're right. Not an amazing kill but non the less respectable. I'm a rwd TBSS with an electric fan kit that's not tuned yet and a muffler delete... Oh... Also tinted tail lights... About 20rwhp right there.
Get in touch with Nelson Performance for your tune...may be a bit of a drive, but I have heard nothing but good stuff from them. Also, the stuff I have seen them do.....WOW

Mook

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
65 Posts
Te WRX had that, my buddies STI is fully bolt on. He's way too quick. I ran him in the mazda and it was close he pulled about half a car. And I was faster then I am now
What year WRX are we talking? Big difference from the 02-03's and 04 and up... and now the newest WRX's are actually faster than the STI's! haha

Anyway... sounds like a good time. Good kill.

def

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
Looks like there are several TBs in my area. Good kill. Maybe we will run into each other out there :)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
Katy area

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
I dont go to many meets but Ive been out to the track a few times. There is a meet coming up out here near Katy Mills that should be a nice turnout westside muscle is throwing. Its a night meet so it wont be so damn hot.

·
Registered
Black TrailblazerSS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Doesnt westside muscle throw a meet every Sunday? ALOT of my buddies go there... In usually working so I haven't gotten the chance to make it out yet

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
533 Posts
Doesnt westside muscle throw a meet every Sunday? ALOT of my buddies go there... In usually working so I haven't gotten the chance to make it out yet
This one is hosted by West Houston Muscle

Text Font Graphics

Font Auto part

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
good kill. So many TBSS owners in Houston but never a good Houston TBSS meet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts