Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nothing
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im coming from the dodge ram hemi world where options are 1 and thats what you get. Coming to the chevy world has shocked me and almost confused me. there are so many parts it would take me a lot of time to research and look for faulty parts i guess what im looking from you guys is the experience(since i have none with chevy parts) n what is proven and what works price is a concern but i will have to save for descent parts.

the things i plan on doing right off the bat
1. under drive pulley slp???
2. throttle body
3 exhaust thats my decision as it dont have much affect
4. mid length or long tube headers easiest to install for the price
5. cold air intake are what they are no need to read to much into them
6 and if im missing any bolt ons from here let me know thanks

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
intake (ieatsrt8, pcmforless, jetttstream), long tubes (kooks, arh, sw, or pacesetters), LS1 Efans, Transcooler, 160 Thermostat, 3200-3600stall, and a good Street/Dyno tune (262 or Bolt on speed) pretty sure those are around u.

Those are the basic starting mods

Ported TB, ud pulley, and catback are mods that add little to no hp but if u got the money for them go for it they arent gonna hurt

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Check out http://ss-shootout.com/

It already has all that information on there...
:iamwithstupid:

theres a direct step by step of a good order to do in mods but here is what is common on here for best bang for buck/best at waking these pigs up:

1.GOODtune/intake(4'' fenderwall intake is proven the best)
2.electric fans(free up about 10 rwhp from the big stock mechanical fan)and i gained a solid 1.5mpg) you can find used ls1 fans on ebay for $80-$120 then buy the harness from a few vendors here
3. Converter/ transcooler(best option is for a built trans because everyone knows these trans can go stock or lightly modded)
a good yank 3200 or 3600 converter can drop .4-.6 in the 1/4!!

4. headers.. they range from 1200$ for kooks ect all the way thru $500 for obx headers

then the rest depend on youre long term goals.. i hope this helps!:coolthumb:

·
Registered
Nothing
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my expectations are to tow for work and go high 12s n/a in cold weather and if i ever get an urge to go faster ill go for nitrous

these trucks i here respond crazy to mods and thats what i like as i can see from this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvpsQ6p-xks

·
Registered
Nothing
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
that is my rumble bee with every mod in the world vs is lightly modified trailblazer ss i should of specified that

its why i sold my truck and started looking for an ss awd

thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
As most have said 4" FWI, dual electric fans, trans cooler, vette servo, Headers, exhaust, 3200-3600 stall, street or dyno tune and you will reach your goals! Good luck and happy modding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts