Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full l92 swap and was running a p1 with 12lbs of boost when it cut loose. What should I go with. I would really talk to whoever is on here that has the 798hp awd. Any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
07 Imperial 1SS 2wd
2,625 Posts
It depends on what your ultimate goal with your setup is. Are you going to reuse your short block or are you going with a new one? There are lots of options out there depending on what your goals are.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
474 Posts
It depends on what your ultimate goal with your setup is. Are you going to reuse your short block or are you going with a new one? There are lots of options out there depending on what your goals are.
x2.. You first need to set a goal. I started way too many projects without a goal in mind and part way through decide to change my mind on what i wanted to do and had to start all over again.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like 7 to 750awhp and still be able to drive it when I want to. My goal is to keep it dependable

·
Premium Member
06 3SS
1,279 Posts
What's your budget? Also:

1. 700-750 awhp will need a 4l80 swap
2. Reliabilty of the front end hasn't been well tested at that power level.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
There is a guy on here thats was on the and was slipping at 700awhp with a level 7

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was it the converter or the tranny? I think with a built 402 and 10 to 15lbs of boost I should be ok

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
Well if you plan on going anywhere near 700 HP on an AWD, your gonna need a Modified AWD oilpan (by Billyman), and a side oiler kit (also by Billyman)....

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
If you are wanting that kind of power you might want to upgrade your P1SC to a D1SC. You'll need to pulley the P1SC down quite a bit to provide that kind of boost for the 408 depending on your CR. When you start getting that small, belt slip becomes problematic. What pulley setup are you running to get 12#'s of boost? I had a 3.4" pulley on mine and was having a hard time maintaining 10#'s. What on your motor let loose? If I did the procharger again I would drop in a F1 series and run a forged shortblock with stock crank and run it up to 15#'s or 20#'s and install a restrictor to limit the boost to 12 or so. Will give you hella bottom end. Was my plan till I jumped on the TT bandwagon.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
If you are wanting that kind of power you might want to upgrade your P1SC to a D1SC. You'll need to pulley the P1SC down quite a bit to provide that kind of boost for the 408 depending on your CR. When you start getting that small, belt slip becomes problematic. What pulley setup are you running to get 12#'s of boost? I had a 3.4" pulley on mine and was having a hard time maintaining 10#'s. What on your motor let loose? If I did the procharger again I would drop in a F1 series and run a forged shortblock with stock crank and run it up to 15#'s or 20#'s and install a restrictor to limit the boost to 12 or so. Will give you hella bottom end. Was my plan till I jumped on the TT bandwagon.
:iamwithstupid:

I have a 3.4 on my setup and getting about 9-10 on stock motor.. now this cam about 7-8psi... you would have to upgrade to 8 rib inorder to pulley down more... There are a couple vettes making 700hp on p1sc but thats behind a manual trans..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im running a 3.4 with a 10% overdrive and an 8 rib now. I'm either going to do a d1 or an f1d I think. To go with a tt set up I would have to start all over. How much is a hob kit with 3800 miles worth do you guys think? Would it be better to do a 370 or 402?

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
If you want more, sned your head unit in and get it upgraded to teh D1SC. There is 1 F1A for sale in the for sale section, and I know of a F1 and a D1SC that might be for sale as well. If your already rocking the 8 rib just upgrade the blower. You could upgrade to the new HOB kit coming out but that pretty much replaced everything you got.

As for 370 or 40X that all depends on your desire really. There is a prety good deal through AES on ls1tech for thier 390 short blocks right now. Look in the F/I section. Those CP pistons are nice. I have no preference, normally it turns out to being what fits my budget for what I want to do, more then the best to choose from. If I gotta bring my limit down a bit to fit the budget so be it. Keeping my setuo pretty simple, especially since its my DD. You'll make more torque with the 40X size to help on the low end, but you need to compensate that with some goo dheads too. If you stick with the 370 you can run some 243 or 317 heads with upgraded valvetrain and still make alot of power.

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
ls3 swap build it ull be happy 10k right there n a solid boost motor

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have set of wcch l92 heads now that I will reuse for sure. You guys are full of great info. My block isn't destroyed so I will be reusing it as well. I think with a d1 or f1 on a 402 it would do ok. Who has the f1 for sale?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts