Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just installed power stop calipers, drilled and slotted rotors, and s.s. brake hoses. Bled system. When I got to the passenger front apparently I let it get too low and master cylinder went dry. Filled it back up and continued bleeding but found I was barely getting any fluid out. Went to the driver's front and wasn't getting any fluid out. Apparently, I need a tech 2. Anybody around Grand Blanc Michigan with a Tech 2 to cycle the ABS? I'm between a rock and a hard place and not able to take it to the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
Go find an advanced obd scanner. Many in the $150 range can cycle abs motors, my used autel $130 unit does. Go to harbor freight and buy one of their more expensive units, use it and return it.

but more importantly you may have to bench bleed your master cylinder before anything

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mitch808,
I thought bleeding the master cylinder was only when their brand new. My pedal isn't hard like it should be. So, Just remove from power booster and cycle the plunger?
TIA,
Alex

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mitch808,
I'll have to get an OBD2 scanner and bench bleed. Thank you.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x
35 Posts
I think you have the calipers on the wrong side. It looks like you have the lines at the top, this puts the bleeder screw at the bottom. Even an ABS bleed procedure won't help with that.

Flip the calipers from the driver and passenger side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maximum velocity,
I reinstalled the way I took the old calipers off. I'll definitely check into doing that.
Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anybody have pics of the calipers proper orientation?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mitch808,
Damn, that thang is clean. Mitch, you ROCK!
Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Damn,
I've never had this many problems with a brake job. Still can't get the pedal to be normal.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
549 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts