Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just plastidip, wanted to see how all the chrome trim, grilles, and wheels look blacked out.

not sure if I want to do gloss powdercoating on the wheels so doing this first was nice for cheap. I think I like the contrast of matte/flat on the wheels against the gloss paint (like on my TBSS)

dig the murdered look, but the plastidip on the trim was tough and easily got boogered up when peeling the tape off in a couple spots. hard to do multiple coats without drying and sticking to the paint. cleaned up the calipers while wheels were off too. going to pull wheels and do one more coat, will prob wax the calipers then too to help with the grime buildup.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Looks good.

I've always been a fan of the yellow calipers.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
Looks good! I say do black chrome repos! :2cents: My roommate (BADDDSS) put black chrome wheels on his 2014 V sedan & it looks badass! Shoot him a pm & he can send you pics!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,237 Posts
Black Diamond or Raven? I thought about trading my Corvette for an M6 Black Diamond wagon but they wanted way too much for it and made the worst offer I'd had on my car so I didn't buy it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,242 Posts
Either way you go, it's still gonna be a badass car.

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks you sobs.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
30 Posts
Well rounded collection of vehicles!!! The V-wagon looks great but would do the wheels gloss black.

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well rounded collection of vehicles!!! The V-wagon looks great but would do the wheels gloss black.
and based on your sig, you too! neat seeing so many TBSS/EVO guys or GM/EVO guys.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
I like the matte black, contrasts nice against all the gloss.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
I love me some V wagon, just like Gump loves Jenny.

·
Mitsu/GM guy
TBSS,Evo,GS,Sierra
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks yall.

I think I am going gloss black on the wheels now that ive been looking at these on the car for awhile. will make it look more classy and the tires are small and ill keep em shined nice all the time bc im a waxer with this car now. going to powder the the SS wheels satin black too. the 1.5 year old dip is weathered on there and looks bleh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts