Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do to keep your black shiny and swirl free? Just want to see what others are doing when they wash and dry...
thanks

·
Premium Member
07 awd black
1,040 Posts
this is what i do about mine.
after i get done washing i pray to the gods and hope there is no more swirles on my truck but the gods don't like me still so i still get swirles...

bro you have the black tbss they came out to be the fastest tbss on the market so they get scratched by the wind you ride.:)

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
this is what i do about mine.
after i get done washing i pray to the gods and hope there is no more swirles on my truck but the gods don't like me still so i still get swirles...

bro you have the black tbss they came out to be the fastest tbss on the market so they get scratched by the wind you ride.:)
Definately the hardest to keep clean, they are just so much faster than the others...Just be glad you still have your paint on there :biggrin2: :cheers1:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use MR Clean auto dry wash so I don't have to hand dry it, then every 3 months or so I use Zymol. And at least once a week I use a Quick spray on detailer. So far so good. Just a pain in the ass to do it, takes for ever.

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
I use MR Clean auto dry wash so I don't have to hand dry it, then every 3 months or so I use Zymol. And at least once a week I use a Quick spray on detailer. So far so good. Just a pain in the ass to do it, takes for ever.
Be careful with that mr clean detergent, its strips the wax quick. I use the mr clean's mist feature only, filters the water, then i dry off by hand...:2cents:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Be careful with that mr clean detergent, its strips the wax quick. I use the mr clean's mist feature only, filters the water, then i dry off by hand...:2cents:
Yeah, thats why I don't use mr. clean soap :) I just hate drying, takes for ever!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought some microfiber towels today. I use a chamois for windows, but that seems like too much friction for the paint. I took the SS to the dealer today and their scratch doctor took out 4 scratches I had that I discovered after bringing it home. that man is a genious, best of all it was free. I hate dirty cars, but I hate swirls even more. I'll look into the suggested products and techniques.
Thanks as always...

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,977 Posts
What do you do to keep your black shiny and swirl free? Just want to see what others are doing when they wash and dry...
thanks
Eagle One Nano Wax is the shit!!! This is my second black Trailblazer so believe me, I have tried lots of other products. When a very good friend of mine, who owns a black SUV showed me what Nano wax can do, I promise I will never use anything else.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts

I saw this new spray at auto zone this weekend and picked it up for 10 bucks and I have to say SHIT this was the best stuff from meguiares spray line ever loved the results left the paint smooth and you can spray some on the glass and leaves no streaks so I strongly recomends this:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
2006 Trailblazer SS
1,423 Posts
no matter how many times i wash my truck it still looks dirty... best way to keep cean..... look at it from far away, then it looks clean !!!:)

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
702 Posts
i painted mine white. looks so much better.

·
Registered
157 Posts
black is beautiful...when clean! The reason I bought Red Jewell

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i painted mine white. looks so much better.
I own an 07 Tahoe as well and it is white. The 07 truck I just traded in for the SS was white as well. Nothing is easier and was REALLY close to continuing the tradition but the black screams "I'm badass".
That and my Z28 was black as well as the Impala we had so this isn't my first rodeo with black cars....I'm just more anal these days.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
702 Posts
I own an 07 Tahoe as well and it is white. The 07 truck I just traded in for the SS was white as well. Nothing is easier and was REALLY close to continuing the tradition but the black screams "I'm badass".
That and my Z28 was black as well as the Impala we had so this isn't my first rodeo with black cars
I have to agree black, behind white of course, is the best color this truck comes in. I can't wait to see what the new black looks like.

I'm just more anal these days.
Sounds like a JJ problem.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts