Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in no way a pro, like some of you guys but I do detail around 7-10 cars a year including my own. So I've been putting this off for quite some time but I figured it was time to finally get her all cleaned up for summer. Now this is my daily driver and NOT A GARAGE QUEEN! I wasn't looking for perfect since the truck sees a lot of use. My goal was to get about 90% of the defects out and still be able to drive it with out having a stroke anytime it rained or got dust on it. Going in, I knew my bumpers and mirrors need a respray, so I wasn't going to kill myself trying to get them equally as good as the rest of the paint. I won't make this long, so let the fun begin.

Tools:
Mostly Adam's Polishes and Chemical guy products
2 bucket wash equipment
foam canon
My new Adam's Swirl Killer
and the old stand by PC
[/URL][/IMG]

Started by getting her clean:
1 regular
1 stripper wash
2 50/50 alcohol whip downs
Nano Skin pad on the PC to Clay the truck
1 stripper wash

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Not bad. Looks clean.......
Until it's under the lights

[/URL][/IMG]

This is pretty much the condition of the whole truck. So I started with a test spot on the hood and decided that it was going to take 4 steps to get 90% of the defects out.

Step 1: Adam's heavy cut with blue microfiber
Step 2: Adam's heavy cut with blue foam pad
Step 3: Adam's correcting polish with orange pad
Step 4: Adam's finishing polish with white pad

Here is the 50/50 test spot

[/URL][/IMG]

And now for the entire truck

Untouched
[/URL][/IMG]

Steps 1 and 2
[/URL][/IMG]

Step 3
[/URL][/IMG]

Step 4
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is an untouched area:
[/URL][/IMG]

and now one that has been 4 stepped:
[/URL][/IMG]
Shout out to Kelly, Alvin and the rest of the guys!

Next, it was back outside to pressure wash it down and get some of the reside from off the trim and out of the cracks. Then I went over the truck again with the Nano Skin pad before one more touch free wash with the foam canon.

Once dried with compressed air and an Adam's drying towel it was time for shine and protection:

2 coats CG Blacklight Glaze
2 coats CG Jetseal
2 coats CG Pete's 55

Grand Finale :

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
The spots "on" the bumper are the reflection of the soap suds on my shitty drive way. the bumper isn't that bad. lol.
[/URL][/IMG]

Back outside, I did the interior, jambs, wheels and tires. Still need to hit the wheel wells but my Adam's under carriage spray hasn't come in yet. So for now back inside. I will take her out tomorrow and get some of those cool "Artistic Shots" you guys post on here!

Thanks for watching.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,855 Posts
I wish someone that had all these tools and supplies lived near me...mine needs to be done. Would pay for those results! Awesome work!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nice work.

I have all those CG products as well been wanting to try out soon.

·
Registered
Trailblazer3SS
531 Posts
Looks Damn Good!! I've been using Adam's Polishes since 2011. You can't beat their Customer Service. Looks as good as Blaze used to. Damn good job!!

(This coming from someone that does Paint Correction on at least 10 Vehicles a Month)

·
Registered
08' TBSS
8 Posts
perfect this is the kind of shine I want on my TBSS! have you tried anything else from chemical guys? what are other products you recommend from chemical guys?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a bunch of CG products but other than the Black Light glaze, I won't be buying any more. Don't get me wrong, I have used their stuff for many years on many cars and for the most part I have had good results. But as of late it seems like they just have way to many products that all do the same thing. If you look at their website they have like 20 different car shampoos that all claim to have different uses. That's just way to many. It makes you wonder how much of this stuff is the same at different price points just branded differently. And let's not get started on how many waxes they now have. I understand that each product has a different intended use for different applications and situations but I see alot of there products just as a marketing gimmick. I have used some Adams products in the past but this year I started using alot more of their stuff and recommend it for it's simplicity and great customer service. They make only what they need and work on perfecting those products instead of continually making new ones. For instance car shampoo. They make a regular for your matinence wash, a matte for matte finish, a stripper for taking off old wax before polishing and a wash and wax as combo for time saving. That's it. Detail spray same thing. 1 for gloss and 1 for matte. CG has probably 10 different detail sprays that could all be used for the same thing or different things. I just like good products that are simple to use. Sorry for rambling.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a bunch of CG products but other than the Black Light glaze, I won't be buying any more. Don't get me wrong, I have used their stuff for many years on many cars and for the most part I have had good results. But as of late it seems like they just have way to many products that all do the same thing. If you look at their website they have like 20 different car shampoos that all claim to have different uses. That's just way to many. It makes you wonder how much of this stuff is the same at different price points just branded differently. And let's not get started on how many waxes they now have. I understand that each product has a different intended use for different applications and situations but I see alot of there products just as a marketing gimmick. I have used some Adams products in the past but this year I started using alot more of their stuff and recommend it for it's simplicity and great customer service. They make only what they need and work on perfecting those products instead of continually making new ones. For instance car shampoo. They make a regular for your matinence wash, a matte for matte finish, a stripper for taking off old wax before polishing and a wash and wax as combo for time saving. That's it. Detail spray same thing. 1 for gloss and 1 for matte. CG has probably 10 different detail sprays that could all be used for the same thing or different things. I just like good products that are simple to use. Sorry for rambling.

Agreed, their product line is WAY too big with overlap and they focus immensely on marketing. While I do like many of their products, much of them are the same thing with different labels.

I've switched to quite of a few of the Optimum brand of products and ONR for waterless/rinseless washes. I still really do like the V07 Detail Spray from CG.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed, their product line is WAY too big with overlap and they focus immensely on marketing. While I do like many of their products, much of them are the same thing with different labels.

I've switched to quite of a few of the Optimum brand of products and ONR for waterless/rinseless washes. I still really do like the V07 Detail Spray from CG.
Also I still will be buying my hexlogic pads from there as they are the must durable ones I've used so far. And I keep their 1 step correcting polish on hand. It's does a great job on the lighter swirl marks and the spot corrections for like the front of hoods, bumpers and other leading edges.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,509 Posts
Damn that gloss! You did an amazing job!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
Good job on the Black Paint ! Black is a pain in the ass for sure !!! I remember when i did mine , it was deff a learning experiance and a pain the ass ! Im getting ready to polish mine again and do a ceramic coating.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts