Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Buddy just got a 2011 black Camaro SS the other day and wanted to go out for a little photo shoot. We had my TBSS, 2011 Camaro SS, G8 GT, LS1 Vette, and a :barf: mustang GT. LOL The mustang is my buddies gf so she joined us guys. I used my Nikon D3000......I dont know how to "use" it other than zoom and click. My son dropped the camera with the 18-55mm lens which broke the auto zoom so I bought a 70-300mm lens to use too. Pics are not near what some of you take but here is a few nice rides around my little town. Ill post a few and the rest are on photobucket or anyone thats friends on FB I have them there too.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Pics no worky. Sure sounds cool though!

Edit: They work now! Some nice black beasts, and im diggin the red bow-tie!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Haha yea im BORED! Great pics, I almost got a black tbss.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
mee eyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeezzzzzz!!!!!!!!!

would be great pics if they were in focus...send that camera in and get it retuned. you will be happy....:cheers1:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one that was OUT of focus was me trying to use my lens that my son dropped. I DEFINITELY cant use the camera for crap in manual mode which is only way the lens will work. Also when I was uploading I couldnt see which was which so thats why my oh so NOT clear pics snuck in there.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
The one that was OUT of focus was me trying to use my lens that my son dropped. I DEFINITELY cant use the camera for crap in manual mode which is only way the lens will work. Also when I was uploading I couldnt see which was which so thats why my oh so NOT clear pics snuck in there.
the format of the pics are good, they are just not as 'sharp' as they should be. that is why i said send the camera in. there may be a small issue with the sensor since you said your son dropped it with the lens on it.

im not bashing the pics, something is amiss with the camera itself, not your composition. the nikon is a GREAT camera and can provide you with awesome pics....you just have to learn some camera functions that can turn a 'good' pic into a 'great' pic with a simple mode change....:cheers1: what do i know, im just an amateur thats been taking pics for over 20 yrs....:coolthumb:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really do need to learn the camera. I bought it to take better pics but I cant get past just putting in auto and clicking away. I need to get out and just try diff things to see what does what.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Good looking vehicles! Which one is fastest?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really dont know the guy with the vette so I am assuming its bone stock and dont know what it would run. Ill assume the vette and camaro are fastest......me and the G8 are pretty close together and naturally the ford brings up the rear!! lol

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Yeah man, I love Black vehicles and had several but they are so hard to keep clean.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
I'm feeling daring right now so I think I'm gonna suggest somehow coloring the brake ducts to match the bowtie. Would look crazy but in a good way I think.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I love black cars. Who's the big dog amongst the gang?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya keeping black clean sucks. I wash mine all the time. I cant stand for it to be dirty. Ill let someone else try the brake duct red to match a red bowtie. I think it COULD look good but dont want to be the guinea pig on that one. If I had the money to get my tune dialed in and get headers or converter I could rule the roost in this group. Guy with camaro just got it so it will prob take him a while to get the 6 speed down to where he can launch and grab gears effectively. Dont know much about the vette. The G8 is stock and ran 13.7. I havent ran the 1/4 in good air but my 1/8th converted to 13.4. Id love to have my SUV rape all those cars. Oh the guy with camaro also is "finishing" up his built ls1 silverado......SHOULD see 12's on motor and 11's on juice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts