Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid question but where is the best place to order a billet bowtie from...as far as service, speed and price? just looking for a good recommendation.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,977 Posts

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Guy on Ebay sells the SS bowtie and he just got the same set up for the back of the truck too! Thats if you still have or want one on the back! Mine is gone!

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
I'd suggest getting a chrome bowtie. I have a billet one and have to constantly keep polishing it.

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
I have been wondering about this. The chrome ones get a road hash on them. Was wondering if Billet did any better. Must not !
Yup just about every two washes I have to mask off the bowtie, bust out the polisher and go at it with mother's billet polish.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i ended up going with the billet rather than the chrome. didn't want to deal with the road rash or flaking of the chrome i've heard about. i do realize i'm going to be busting the polish on it nonstop but my buddy is pretty happy with his. i'm a freak about keeping mine clean though so i'm sure i won't mind the extra work.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
yeah, i ended up going with the billet rather than the chrome. didn't want to deal with the road rash or flaking of the chrome i've heard about. i do realize i'm going to be busting the polish on it nonstop but my buddy is pretty happy with his. i'm a freak about keeping mine clean though so i'm sure i won't mind the extra work.
Well from 5' you cant see hash in my chrome one but when waxing and up close I can see some small road hash. Its about 8 months old and only is dirven on nice roads. I guess I could change it out every year. The paint is perfect and I havent got my first rock chip yet. Maybe billet sprayed in urethane

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
Maybe billet sprayed in urethane
Could work...urethane is "softer" so it should absorb the hit of any debris rather than just chip or dent.

·
Some PCM of NC bolton's
9,639 Posts
Well from 5' you cant see hash in my chrome one but when waxing and up close I can see some small road hash. Its about 8 months old and only is dirven on nice roads. I guess I could change it out every year. The paint is perfect and I havent got my first rock chip yet. Maybe billet sprayed in urethane
Damn how do you not have any paint chips on the front, mine is ate up

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
3,103 Posts
Who is actually running the one from the link above (stylinconcepts I think)?? $45.00 sounds much better to me than $85.00 for the ebay one. Just wondered if there was any difference in quality. Anybody have the cheapo one? Thanks

·
Registered
06TBSS
554 Posts
Go to advanced auto parts and order a chrome smooth bowtie. I've bought a lot over the years and always have good luck with them. 50 bucks or so

·
Premium Member
4,774 Posts
I ordered mine from Summit. I went with polished because you can always buff out any imperfections. With chrome you're stuck - although it is more durable.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
925 Posts
Never even looked at how the bowtie is attached... anything special about how these badboys are replaced?

Im looking at going all black bowties front and rear.
And does anyone know where to get the centercaps with black bowties? or what does most everyone do with the ones on the wheels?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts