Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Slow Ass Tbss
TrailblazerSS
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am possibly looking for the big daddy whipple for a 427 build in a truck, not my tbss but same LSX block. I am looking for the biggest one they make think its a 3.9? Vendors or those that might know of a good resource let me know or shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
145 Posts
I think joe (left coast 32) mentioned trying to get a Whipple once, he may have some insight

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD
1,655 Posts
I have a 3.3L for like ever stitting on a 427. Which is huge. Had to cut the fire wall out a couple inches for it to fit.

It is actually now in the truck. Only another 6 years before it is done.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
737 Posts
I'm a whipple dealer... What are you looking for? Send me a PM on what it is you want and I'll get you some numbers...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
737 Posts
I have a 4.0L that I dynoed while testing out combinations for my build.. Only issue with the big stuff that whipple offers is rear inlet which means a lot of firewall/cowl mods to the truck..

·
Registered
TBSS,99,87,68camaros
501 Posts
I have a 4.0L that I dynoed while testing out combinations for my build.. Only issue with the big stuff that whipple offers is rear inlet which means a lot of firewall/cowl mods to the truck..
Any Dyno numbers on that? Have you done any testing on the 2.9? Wonder how much of an upgrade the 4.0 is over the 2.9. Being that they use the same intercooler. Was looking into the 4.0 or 4.5 for my 68.

·
Slow Ass Tbss
TrailblazerSS
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm the rear inlet is going to be difficult problem to solve, didn't think about that.

Anyone have pics of rear inlet on a truck?

·
Can you say 9's
AWD Trailblazer SS
2,065 Posts
Hmm the rear inlet is going to be difficult problem to solve, didn't think about that.
This is the reason I didn't build a big motor and install 1 on my truck. It would be a huge PITA. I contemplated for a long time on cutting the firewall up in my truck to run a 4.5 Whipple on a 427 motor. Just go all out and build a turbo truck. Seems to be the thing lately.

Although a 4.5 Whipple and a big CID motor would net you 4 digit hp and would look bad ass under the hood. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
737 Posts
Any Dyno numbers on that? Have you done any testing on the 2.9? Wonder how much of an upgrade the 4.0 is over the 2.9. Being that they use the same intercooler. Was looking into the 4.0 or 4.5 for my 68.
From 2.9 to 4.0 we made an extra 3XX with the 2.9 in the mid 9XX.. I'll have to look at the dyno sheets when I'm at the shop (to get you the exact details) but one thing I'll tell you is the Iats were more managable on the 4.0l, to bad it's a little over 14" from the valley cover and the inlet is out past the bell housing flange of the block..:doh: if I end up doing the 2.9l I'm going to look into a custom single pass intercooler for more efficiency...

Reactions: Tbss311

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
737 Posts

Anyone have pics of rear inlet on a truck?
There are ways to make it work I've seen a dual throttle body set up that doesn't take as much room up but have yet to see the dyno results to see if the sharp angles kill air flow...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts