Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to strapping my TBSS to the dyno.

I've got a handful of mods now, and a stubborn ass cam that has made Brian really scratch his head pertaining to getting the tune down. Today was the last of it. Daily drivability is most excellent, and now the WOT situation is well taken care of.

I'm running a 224/230 (112+4) comp cam, 4" ADM CAI, LS1 efans, and a 3400 vig. converter.

Put down some healthy numbers through an unlocked converter.... 379rwhp/354rwtq... All at a VERY safe 13.0-12.7 AFR. I'm finally happy with my choice in mods. :)

Now if it would only stop raining!

Thanks again Brian :coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
14,992 Posts
Glad you got everything working for ya bro! I know you've been at this for a bit now. Cant wait to see that beast on the track doing some good numbers

And great work Brian!!!

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn straight.. It's been almost 4 months. LOL... I hope the track numbers reflect *some* kind of improvement.. If they don't, I'll just wait for the cooler temps to come back so the before/after is more "comparable" due to the summer's less that ideal conditions

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
I am glad everything worked out. I cant wait to see track times. It made good power and the numbers were a lot higher than I expected. The torque was a little off, but the anytime I tried to hit it the car would downshift, even at 3500 rpm. I really had to roll into it to get the car to stay in 3rd and complete the pull

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
What are you doing for exhaust? LTs O/R Y? or... stock?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finally, now run Jay, congrats B on getting his truck straight.
I did tonight actually.. The outcome was still the same.. But he didn't pull me like he usually has before. His truck does seem to rev out a little quicker. Not sure why...

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
I bet it will rev a little quicker with a 3.5 inch stainless works setup under it and an underdrive, The underdrive doesnt make some big horsepower difference, but it helps you get there a bit quicker

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bah.. No worries. It's not a race truck :) . It just finally runs better. ;)

UD pulley next.. Then wheels.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's the graph..

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Whew.. looks like vtec kicked in at 4250.. :D jk.. That sharp increase is odd tho.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea.. There's a reason for that. LOL... Look at the date - it's an old sheet from my LT1. DOH!! I got jipped. Sorta.. I gotta plan another spot to hog up the dyno to nail the AFR - since it's a bit lean @ 13.6 currently.

The truck is putting down 364/374 now. Which is still a healthy gain from this:

When I first dyno'd, all I had was a CAI, HSRK and tuning. The difference between the 2 runs is one was w/ the HSRK - the other w/out.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Looks like Michael J. Fox drew that dyno. Ok.. I'm going to hell.. Remember that tailpipe sniffers will always read a tad bit leaner; you aren't as dangerous lean as you may think. Its still worth correcting tho.. I know if I saw 13.6 on my in pipe wbo2 I'd freak.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LMAO.. The new one is quite smooth in comparison... Except for the converter flash.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Yeah.. lock up Le verter.. which is french for the converter just so you know.. Lock it up at say... 3k? Not too low.. thats a naughty naughty. Just so you get some stability on AFR & pwr.

Also account for the slight delay that the exhaust gas takes to reach the tailpipe sniffer.. If you see that its a little lean on a certain spot near your start rpm.. then start the pull @ a lower rpm and see if the lean condition changes. If it remains the same. Its probably true.. You know what I mean?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts