Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey Mitch,
3/4” or 19mm w factory/replica rims.
Damn, im not a huge fan of spacers. Ive always preferred proper offset wheels. But fiscally buying new shoes for the tbss just doesnt make sense at the moment (of course I’d drop $5k on an LSA like tomorrow if the itch was strong enough). But new wheels to gain new brakes.... Im not that compelled anymore.

Why you gotta drop the bad news on us like that?! :poop:

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
True, so damn close, i was pissed to have this happen at this point of the game.

The Blazer hub may be a similar option, with less rotor center hub drilling.

The Blazer 5 lug hub matches the TBSS 6 lug. I’m a hands on guy, and want to confirm ABS fitting, install in the spindle, etc. The hard part here with experimenting is obstacles; there’s no Hollander interchange manual.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Curious on wheels, cause I got too many parts in my garage. My Friday afternoon activity is to figure out custom shoes options -

1) wheels with proper offset
1) wheels with proper offset
2) wheels using a spacer

Found out the Blazer blog example w C7 wheels still had spacers.

I’m curious if the 16+ ZL1 5 lug replicas will fit, fronts are 20x9.5 (TBSS is 20x8). The TBSS 20x10 still has same offset, verified that already (my rear tires)

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Hey guys,
Expecting delivery tomorrow on a ACDelco 5 lug blazer/s10 hub to see if I can more easily convert the 6x127 to 5x120

Found two wheel manufacturers w concave wheels and big brake capability - Forgestar and Ferrada.

Reference TBSS > 5 lug conversion

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
So found a few options, but the ZL1/C7Z06 doesn’t fit with the 20x8 wheel offset.

Good news - the factory replica 20x10 wheel works.

Alternatively, the 5 lug blazer hub works with the TBSS, and allows for 5x120 setup if someone wants more wheel choices (like ForgeStar and Ferrada, or even BC Forged NA).

Currently emailing with Tony locate the 20x10 replica wheels.

Im a Michelin man, by tire, not looks :)
I can run a 275/45R20, cause my 295/45/R20 won’t clear the upper ball joint (without rotor).
Will try again w rotor installed, cause the caliper to wheel gap should be larger (maybe the 295/45R20 tire will work for clearance.

Next question comes with fender clearance on a dropped TBSS.

Pics below.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Fun to see tire sizes...
If you are still stock suspension (and/or AWD), this part shouldn’t matter.

20x10 means you can run a wider tire, but a 255/50R20 tire can be run on the 20x10, at least per TyreSizeCalculator Website.

link https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/tyre-wheel-calculators/tyre-size-for-rim-size-width-calculator.

Tire size examples:
Size 1 - 20x8 wheel/tire
Size 2 - 20x10 wheel/tire

Dropped suspension will definitely bottom w the extra height tire diameter

Size 1 - 20x8 wheel/tire
Size 2 - 20x10 wheel/tire

275/45R20 tire comes in a tad shorter height/diameter wise.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 · (Edited)
Anyone have a pair of 20x10 wheels for sale?

FactoryReplica has them on back order for 90+ days w a waitlist.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
That tire issue is why I stuck with 295/40's on my front 20x10's. They clear easily under all driving conditions. Hopefully that's something you can get sorted out without losing the cost of 2x new tires.

Tim
Hey Tim,
Thanks for the insight.
The 40 sidewall helps tire clear spindle, and be pretty wide!

How does it handle with the wider tires?

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
652 Posts
I love the 295's. They're not great in snow, but for daily driving they are. Given their bad winter performance and my new location in Georgia, I really wish I had just bought summer only tires. The best winter tires are dedicated winter tires on Saab (or other factory) wheels (18x8).

If you scroll down far enough in the Apple Photos link in my signature, you can see a ton of pictures of them. With the 20x10 reproduction wheels, it looks factory. A 40 series isn't a rubber band like some newer performance tires, but is quite a bit less than factory TBSS sidewall. It would probably not look great at stock ride height. I'm lowered a couple of inches (much less than many TBSS) and have roughly even gap all the way around.

Tim

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
I'm still interested. I was looking at getting a set of Tony's snowflakes before but those are 20x9. I am not opposed to aftermarket wheels. I checked some of the wheel manufacturers you mentioned. They have 6 lug options and the price difference between the 5 lug is like 200-400 for a set. Not worth swapping to 5 lug for me.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
I love the 295's. They're not great in snow, but for daily driving they are. Given their bad winter performance and my new location in Georgia, I really wish I had just bought summer only tires. The best winter tires are dedicated winter tires on Saab (or other factory) wheels (18x8).

If you scroll down far enough in the Apple Photos link in my signature, you can see a ton of pictures of them. With the 20x10 reproduction wheels, it looks factory. A 40 series isn't a rubber band like some newer performance tires, but is quite a bit less than factory TBSS sidewall. It would probably not look great at stock ride height. I'm lowered a couple of inches (much less than many TBSS) and have roughly even gap all the way around.

Tim
Cool, been curious if the TBSS corners better. I have 295/45R20’s in the back. Makes sense with the 295/40 fitting up front as the diameter/height is about the same as the stock 255/50

121 - 138 of 138 Posts