Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
That's not a terrible price point. Especially for front and rear.

I don't love the idea of drilling another set of holes in rotors. It's "probably" fine... But with myuck they would crack and fail there. Would these work with the Baer 14" rotors from their kit? Custom hats for 2 piece rotors is the other option, but that gets pricey quick, both in the hats and replacement rings.

Regardless, it's a very cool project and I'd be interested in it.
So the rotors are two piece - you remove the hub and drill for both the C7Z & ZL1

Depending on demand, yes, we could replace the hub with a machined version without extra holes. I figured the test driving, putting it through it’s paces would help flush out any issues.

·
Registered
135 Posts
When you mentioned the C7/Z06, you mean rotor and caliper or just “iron rotor setup?”

the calipers for the C7 are cheap.... a single piece cast iron rotor im sure too isnt terrible as well

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Correct - Bigbrakeupgrade has brackets to use the front calipers/rotors for either 2016+ ZL1/CTS-V3, or c7Z06 iron rotor setup.

the ZL1/CTS-V are much heavier vehicles like our TBSS, which is also larger rotor, caliper than corvette.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Correct - Bigbrakeupgrade has brackets to use the front calipers/rotors for either 2016+ ZL1/CTS-V3, or c7Z06 iron rotor setup.

the ZL1/CTS-V are much heavier vehicles like our TBSS, which is also larger rotor, caliper than corvette.
The z06/c7 rotor is 345mm vs i think 325mm right?

A gain no matter what, along with better rotor options and with the new caliper, better pad choices too. So its not a downgrade in any way.

Besides its not like these cars are HPDE queens.... :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does Baer sell just the rotor hats that fit our trucks outside of the kit? If so, would that eliminate the need for the machining of the spindle?

I wonder if replacement C7Z rings would fit the Baer hubs...

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Hey Mitch, I agree

The z06/c7 rotor is 345mm vs i think 325mm right?

A gain no matter what, along with better rotor options and with the new caliper, better pad choices too. So its not a downgrade in any way.

Besides its not like these cars are HPDE queens.... :p
TBSS stock front rotors are (320mm). 12.790” (front 12.795” Rotor thickness 1.142”. Believe rears were slightly larger rotors, both 1 piece.

2 piece front rotors -
C7Z iron rotors are 370mm front, 355mm rear
CTS-V3/ZL1 front are 390mm front, 365mm rear

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Mitch, I agree

TBSS stock front rotors are (320mm). 12.790” (front 12.795” Rotor thickness 1.142”. Believe rears were slightly larger rotors, both 1 piece.

2 piece front rotors -
C7Z iron rotors are 370mm front, 355mm rear
CTS-V3/ZL1 front are 390mm front, 365mm rear
Any idea what the bolt pattern for the zl1 rings is?

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Any updates? I am interested in the AWD testing.
hey Keanu,
I asked for measurements for the front driveshafts on the AWD TBSS. I’m not sure if the CV boot will fit with the spindle bracket for the C7/ZL1 calipers. Sorry, I have a 2WD TBSS this round. Until a time machine is invented, I can’t help :-(

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
hey Keanu,
I asked for measurements for the front driveshafts on the AWD TBSS. I’m not sure if the CV boot will fit with the spindle bracket for the C7/ZL1 calipers. Sorry, I have a 2WD TBSS this round. Until a time machine is invented, I can’t help :-(
My mistake. I misread and thought someone was working with you on that. How's the 2wd testing going?

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
My mistake. I misread and thought someone was working with you on that. How's the 2wd testing going?
hey Keano,
Yes, I need help from someone with AWD.
I’d love to validate no AWD fitment issues.
I did have an AWD user lined up, but they’ve been quiet.

Do you have time to take measurements for the AWD boot diameter for left/right?

the hub opening in the knuckle/spindle is ~3.6” (roughly 3 5/8”)

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
@JustnSS Just measure the boot dia at its largest point?
Yes sir, ideally need to know boot diameter at the back of the spindle, and roughly 1” from the spindle, if it changes.

The caliper bracket stands off the back of the spindle, so we just need enough room for the boot to seal on the hub.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts