Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So i bought a 2006 rwd tbss. And a week later the engine made a big ticking noise and a warning light came on telling to turn it off.
What are my options when it comes to fixing it?

·
Registered
06'TrailblazerSS, 07'Z06,71'Stingray
322 Posts
Bummer. A more detailed explanation. I assume it occurred under hard acceleration. How many miles? Then you will get a lot of suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was at around 3000rmp. It has 124xxx.
I was going to go do a oil change and sparksplugs since i just had bought it. I was going about 70mph when 8 started loosing power and heard a loud ticking and a warning light came on tell8ng me to turn it off.

·
Registered
06'TrailblazerSS, 07'Z06,71'Stingray
322 Posts
It sounds like the infamous #6 bearing. Check the dip stick for metal. Then drop the oil pan. Sounds like a rebuild.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
34 Posts
Hey everyone. So i bought a 2006 rwd tbss. And a week later the engine made a big ticking noise and a warning light came on telling to turn it off.
What are my options when it comes to fixing it?
I mean dont mean to be a d#$k but yeah just bought it and gettin on it, got to take it easy for awhile, I know your excited. You know see what develops before you get on it. Anyway tell me you checked the oil and the oil level and it wasnt low. They beat them rear wheel drive cars as you now see. How many I had to walk away from due to knocking and ticking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts