Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YA know, sometimes the COOLEST THINGS come in the smallest packages. *ssp*

Ok, let me first address the studio audience with a bit of background information {yes, about me, so simmer down and shut up for once in your life) :)

I started out my first meaningful carreer (KFC, Vans shoes, and Sahara Motel don't count.....oh boy could I tell stories about Sahara..:yay2:..DOH! NEVER MIND) as a combo autobody repairman and automotive painter. I soon moved onto painting industrial vehicles (Taylor-Dunn) and then McDonnell Douglas painting MD-11, MD-80/90, and C17 Military Airlift aircraft.....which then ultimately became part of Boeing Aircraft. Loooong story short, I know quite a bit about vehicle and aircraft paint. To cap off my story about Boeing, lets just say I've spent COUNTLESS hours touching up the paint various parts of things on an astronomical scale; sometimes 80 feet above the flight ramp in the swinging bucket of some highly worn out JLG boom lift. :wtf:

Fast Forward to today, Kevin (thats me) is SUPER DETAILING the royal ashcan out of his prized 2008 TBSS. :coolthumb: Well, having never so much as dinged my baby on anything, I have never needed to use that touch up paint I bought on a whim and threw into the glove compartment some 5 or so years ago.
I had a few very minor chips on the edge of my doors so I decided to pulll out that touch up paint pen-like thing-a-ma-jiggy and give it a shot. I mean, what are the chances of it being ANYTHING but some long ago dried out piece of garbage, right? Wroooong! :chefsp:

Not only was the paint in brand new condition but this pen like device had TWO different types/means of which to apply your touch up paint. One screw off lid provides you a snall touch up brush immersed in the reservour of paint, and the other (I LOVE this thing) has a VERY fine point in which to apply paint in the most miniscule means of a line than you could imagine. I mean, this thing is PERFECT for filling in really fine scratches without looking like the devils spit wad just landed on your truck. Oh my! (drools)/jerk

I dunno, maybe I am easily impressed, but......for someone who has spent countless hours holding a goddamn pint can and touch up brush freezing his asssets off in the middle of winter (sigh) Ok, it was Long Beach, CA airpoirt, right? (Southern Caifornia) rarely ever got under 60 degrees farenheit, BUT WITHOUT A SWEATER ON!!! :burp: (Mom is rolling in her grave as we speak).
In any case, this swchwit is the Cat's Meow and worth every penny. It is a bt pricey at nearly twenty bucks.....but WORTH IT! Trust me :king1:

https://www.tbssowners.com/forums/images/smilies/banhim.gif

OH, and for those poor misguided souls who thought to purchase a NON BLACK TBSS*pis*here is a link to those (cough) "other" colors:
https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-AGM0434-Olympic-Exact-Match-Touch-Up/dp/B00HE6738A/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=ac+delco+touch+up+paint&qid=1553127631&s=gateway&sr=8-3

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,055 Posts
Bought the same thing at a local PepBoys shortly after i bought my truck and after some yrs used it for the first time last fall. As you state very easy to use, matches very well but maybe i had a diff brand as it didnt give me a chubby as it did you.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts