Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Best way to lower 2'' for under $500???

4K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  CynisterSix 
#1 ·
I am going to do the front and rear sway bars, keep that in mind but do not include in the price...

What is the best way to lower the SS for under $500, with good ride quality and not fucking anything up??? Looking at you Tony...

#2 ·
I used the lowering collars from Scott on the other board. You can find them on ebay - that's the only place he's selling them. The install is pretty easy. The ride is nice.

I don't think you'll get a two inch drop up front - inch and a half maybe.

My choice was simple. I would have rather payed extra for the coilovers but the feedback from the KBees was pretty sketchy. Belltechs springs have a higher spring rate resulting in a firmer ride. The rest suck from what I've read. My wife drives the SS as her daily and I needed something with a decent ride.

$150 for the collars. $350 for gas. :)

#4 ·
atlas if you look at the top of this section i have a astickey on how to lower the tbss rear. and scott has a section on here (lowering collars) which he will be posting on shortly. I dont think its fair to charge a member money to be a vendor when hes trying to get us better stuff than whats out there allready.

#6 ·
Whoops... I see it now... Danke...

After reading the sticky, I wish you would just fly out here for a day and do all my lowering for me... I'd pay for the ticket and I'd get you a keg of your favorite beer... What do ya say???

#9 ·
if you do springs the belltech rides the best out of all of them and its like 135 shipped for the fronts. rear you can adjust the bags. Or you can get scotts collars for the same price

#14 ·
what site is this? for $135 belltechs shipped?

#13 ·
Do you have a 2wd or AWD??

if your 2wd i think the DJM kit would be best ride you keep the stock springs & full shock travel, the kit is a lil more then the other ways but its still under $500 plus you get the upper a arms so your balljoint is good & you can do your alignment perfectly, then just do Norcal's adj on the rear airbags & your golden!!!

if your AWD i'd go with the Beltechs...

:2cents:

#22 ·
Hey Norcal, I'm considering doing the Belltech's and modified rear air bags, will my ball joints, and the rest of my front suspension be OK with that? Also, during the install, all I'll need to do is cut the bumpstops, correct?

#29 ·
I'm in a similar boat. Will these parts (beltech's) fit on an Envoy 2WD?

If so anyone know a place reliable for install? I travel to the bay area quite often.

I want to get the Boss wheels in 22 when they come out and do the drop about the same time.

#24 ·
yes front bumpstops cut in 1/2. there is more than enough travel in the front even if you pulled tehm out completely the tire would bottom out on the fender before the shaft woudl bottom out on the shock.

the belltechs drop it a nice amount i mean its not going to be slammed but will look good.

#26 ·
cool. belltechs it is. soo the last link you sent for the belltechs will fit the '06-'07 tbss right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.