Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
08 tbss awd black
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I've got a a/f ratio gauge on my triple gauge pillar. I am wanting to hook it up and am aware that it's supposed to be hooked up to an o2 sensor wire. I was wondering if there is a better or easier way to hook it up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
08 tbss awd black
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was in the tbss when i bought it. Thought i would just hook it up for now. Its an autometer ultra lite gauge. I just figured there was a wire going to the ecm that i could tie it to, but i have no idea which one. I don't really need to hook up anything, I'm always running efi live, just thought i would for fun.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
32 Posts
sorry to jack the thread butt have a similar question . I have a AEM wideband that i wanted to hook up in my truck, does anyone know the correct way to do this because i have no clue.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts

·
Hater
Duh
9,218 Posts
You could buy one of those clamps from AEM. It's a band clamp with a bung on it. All you do is drill a hole and put the clamp over it. instant bung without dealing with muffler shop lowlifes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts
I have the wide band one. what i am asking is where do i weld on the bung/?
I posted the install doc dude...it's only 10 pages...

"A weld-in M18 X 1.5 boss is supplied for sensor installation. Mount the O2 sensor in the exhaust system at least 18 inches downstream from the exhaust port. If you anticipate high EGT's (over 800C), run a turbocharger, run at high RPM for extended periods of time or plan on running leaded race fuel then you must mount the sensor at least 36 inches or more downstream of the exhaust port as all of these can cause the sensor to overheat. On turbocharged engines the UEGO sensor must be installed after the turbo charger, if not, the pressure differential will greatly effect the accuracy of the unit. For accurate readings, the sensor must be mounted before catalytic converters and/or auxiliary air pumps. To prevent collection of liquids between the sensor housing and sensor element during the cold start phase, the installation angle should be inclined at least 10° towards horizontal with the electrical connection upwards...."

There is a diagram in the document...SO you can get it welded in, or as another member suggested just go the clamp route.

Since you don't wanna look at the link in my post, I assume you won't wanna do the install...You wanna bring it over and I'll do it for you? ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts