Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my kevlar sleeves didnt help with headers who's got the best proven spark plug wires for headers

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,008 Posts
So my kevlar sleeves didnt help with headers who's got the best proven spark plug wires for headers
I have PCMofNC wires and wire socks with headers for years with no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I burned out a set of MDS wires in about a 1000 miles but I think it had something to do with heat transference the 3 wires that went bad were the only 3 that the boot was against the headers but it wasent the boot that went bad it was the wire just past the boot. I went with the PCM if NC wires, they have a smaller boot that doesn't contact the header and there heat sleeves are almost the length of the wire so we'll see how they do

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
190 Posts
I have Kooks headers and the only issue is #2 plug wire. Tried PCM wires with socks and still burned the boot. Went with the ceramic boot accel wires and have had no issues since.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think my headers were from speed engineering with 7/8 primary tubes but cant remember now. My problem was primary with 3 and 5 cyl but those had the boot contacting the header and the PCM wires dont so I hope I get more milage from these cause there not cheap as I'm sure yours cost a pretty penny to, I'll keep ya posted

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,555 Posts
The Accel ceramic wires have been the best so far with headers. No more burning thru socks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts