Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are our options now that the DJM is unavailable?
Hotchkis offers a 1-1/16" bar
Belltech offers a 1-1/8" bar
Nolathane offers a 30MM bar (1.181" which is .056" bigger than the Belltech bar)
Addco looks to be unavailable

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
276 Posts
So what are our options now that the DJM is unavailable?
Hotchkis offers a 1-1/16" bar
Belltech offers a 1-1/8" bar
Nolathane offers a 30MM bar (1.181" which is .056" bigger than the Belltech bar)
Addco looks to be unavailable
Good question! I’m wrapping up my motor rebuild so the suspension is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,293 Posts
I hear good things about the Nolathane bar. I have a DJM that I payed way to much for years ago when they were nearly $275.

I’m thinking about switching just to see if there’s a difference.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I can tell the Nolathane doesn’t have the stops to keep the bar from walking to either side. It may just be a somewhat generic picture so I may be wrong. Either way, it wouldn't be a dealbreaker if I had to make my own on the mill. Do you think it isn’t needed? I wonder too if the thicker bar will be better or if the extra .056” is too much.
I hear good things about the Nolathane bar. I have a DJM that I payed way to much for years ago when they were nearly $275.

I’m thinking about switching just to see if there’s a difference.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,293 Posts
I honestly don’t know the answer to that question.

Personally I think coil spring rear suspensions would benefit from a Slightly heavier stiffer rear bar.

I’m sure the djm and hotchkis bars were designed with a largely stock suspension in mind. In which case it will take less bar to overcome a softer factory shock and rear air spring, than the much stiffer 30.5” kit. So it seems believable that a little heavier bar may produce favorable results for front end grip and rear roll stability.

I’ll probably order one and pending the results sell my DJM bar.

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
663 Posts
I run my DJM on the stiffer setting even with KW Coilovers. It definitely helped make the car more neutral. With that said, I think the Saab 9-7X front sway bar is 2 mm larger in diameter than the TBSS front sway bar.

Tim

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s odd that the front bar would be larger. Are any of the other suspension components different from the SS ?
I run my DJM on the stiffer setting even with KW Coilovers. It definitely helped make the car more neutral. With that said, I think the Saab 9-7X front sway bar is 2 mm larger in diameter than the TBSS front sway bar.

Tim

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see that you own a 9-7. Have you measured the front bar?

Tim

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
193 Posts
Just installed the Nolathane but cant drive it until the Maggie swap is done. Bar installed easy and looks beefy.

·
Lighter-than-you
TrailblazerSS
384 Posts
Just checked both my 07 and 09 front bars.. both 36mm. the 08-09 bar design allows for easier endlinks with better geometry but requires you to change to 08-09 lower control arms. I decided a while ago to change my 07 to the later design and acquired the parts but haven't installed yet... Interestingly, the 36mm 2008 bar came off a V8 Envoy... Not sure how many 08-09 non-SS, non-Aero gmt360's came with the 36mm front bar, or if it's exclusive to just V8's or what.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Anyone worried about a swaybar not having a color or welded tab, that it could ‘walk’ side to side. Its an easy fix

expensive fix McMaster-Carr

cheap is a worm drive hose clamp. Both work fine

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1 Posts

Personally I think coil spring rear suspensions would benefit from a Slightly heavier stiffer rear bar.

I’m sure the djm and hotchkis bars were designed with a largely stock suspension in mind. In which case it will take less bar to overcome a softer factory shock and rear air spring, than the much stiffer 30.5” kit. So it seems believable that a little heavier bar may produce favorable results for front end grip and rear roll stability.

[/QUOTE
Ill buy that djm bar if your willing to sell

1 - 15 of 15 Posts