Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know which brand of headlights will actually last awhile and wont fade or turn colors? Every pair ive had always fades after awhile, Looking for plug and play ones, nothing complicated,

Thank you

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if you did a yearly or semi yearly ceramic coating if that would make a difference?
That would be pretty cool to see

·
Registered
57 Posts
That would be pretty cool to see
All ceramic coatings worth a damn claim UV protection. Some claim 6mo, some claim 5yrs of protection. And everything inbetween, all with varying price points. Most are in the $60-$100 range, but it can do multiple cars. Here we're talking only headlights, so for $60, you'll be able to do like a hundred pairs of headlights...

I'm going to do it to mine this week or next. I may make it a routine maintenance process twice a year or so as part of my normal wax/polish schedule for the whole car.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All ceramic coatings worth a damn claim UV protection. Some claim 6mo, some claim 5yrs of protection. And everything inbetween, all with varying price points. Most are in the $60-$100 range, but it can do multiple cars. Here we're talking only headlights, so for $60, you'll be able to do like a hundred pairs of headlights...

I'm going to do it to mine this week or next. I may make it a routine maintenance process twice a year or so as part of my normal wax/polish schedule for the whole car.

Is it pretty easy to do? And is it the same kinda of ceramic coating they us on regular paint?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is it pretty easy to do? And is it the same kinda of ceramic coating they us on regular paint?
Same.

Clean, wipe with a denatured alcohol mix, apply ceramic coating, buff. Possibly repeat for another coat. There are some spray on stuff that has easier application, but lasts less in time.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS
11 Posts
Anyone know which brand of headlights will actually last awhile and wont fade or turn colors? Every pair ive had always fades after awhile, Looking for plug and play ones, nothing complicated,

Thank you
I always protect headlights with a 600, 800 & 1500 grit wet sand (depending on condition) then topcoat with Spraymax 2K Glamour clear coat (#368 0061) and they don't fade, stay crystal clear & haven't chipped either.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you guys, I will give that a try, I don’t need the bulbs because I have Kevin’s led bulbs and they work great! I guess I will start off by ordering a new set of GM headlights and than protect them this time with some ceramic coat sealant

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer 3SS
53 Posts

Thank you
The best "actual like replacement I found were the ones on Amazon, and here is the link; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JW200MA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
These were almost identical in every way to OEM. I ended up returning and going with the blacked out ones, but I gave this a great product review as they are so close to OEM.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer 3SS
53 Posts
Nice! Do they have the passenger side too?
Yes, when you go to the link it does give you "left or Right" side choices. They're decent quality for sure!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts