Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Working on the SS today and I noticed the front end of this thing loves to eat bugs. My TBSS is white so its nasty. I have tried the preston bug and tar remover along with a product called bug tarminator with a bug sponge. It gets some of the stuff off but I am left with a bunch of leftover bug guts. Is there a better way? What do you guys use? I need to stop driving this thing at night.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea. I was unsure if claying the bug guts would cause and scratches or anything. Guess I have something to do tonight. Might as well just clay the whole thing. Thanks sir.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
seafoam make some spray that works pretty good.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
DX-330 by PPG used to prep parts before spray. It will literally strip everything, all waxes as well so you have to make sure to re-wax everywhere you wiped.

Problem with tar and clay is you'll eat right through a single piece of clay on maybe one panel is you happen to drive over some fresh asphalt. That's just a waste and adds up.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
I used the GM 1050172 Tar and road remover when I removed and resealed the license plate pocket (in the TSB for this) then some more on the rear rockers. Worked well for me and lots left. I have never been a fan of dealer stuff but it worked and I got it cheap.

·
No mods honey, I swear...
TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Adam's waterless wash works better than anything I've ever tried. Spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes, and wipe off. No more bugs.

·
Suckin' Gas & Haulin' Ass
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
Definitely a few different ways of working on this!
I get crappy MF towels that I bought at the auto store and soak it in water. I then lay the MF over the area for about five minutes. I gently wipe the area as I pull away the MF.

If there are still bugs on there I do it a 2nd time.

This is all done before I wash the truck.

---

Prevention tip: Road Wrap

Option 1

Option 2

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,859 Posts
Poor boys bug squash, without a doubt. Awesome product.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
wd40 on a rag and wipe away. Old school trick....:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
The key is to get a good coat of wax down AFTER you get this round of bugs off. Two Thin Coats of Americana Paste Wax or Machine Super Sealant will make your life a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,859 Posts
Just don't forget, some of these bug removers will also strip any wax off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.