Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think mine might be going out and wanted to know which is the best one to get? GM, Altima? $200(Kragens had), Durlast $150 (autozone), OCA $179 (Winchester Auto), or wat?
its either that or im looking at it tomorrow but i had to take off the red wire off my big 3 kit since the bolt was all stripped and couldnt take the wire off when i put my new battery in. doubt thats it tho

thanks

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
DC Power or Mechman

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was seeing that some people were having problems with the dc power ones, i dont have any subs or amps or nothing just need a good replacement

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Stock..............:2cents:

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do u know how much they are usually? local dealership quoted me $419 thought that was a little high gmparts direct has them for $217

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was gonna, just curious if anyone else has bought one lately and remember how much they paid

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
567 Posts
I bought one from powerbastards.com and it works bad ass but I have electric fans subs and the whole nine. They cost $298 but their 250amps if you ever decide to do e-fand or subs you'll b set

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
E fans don't require an upgraded Alternator..............

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
subs just add weight only reason i'd ever put a sub box in my truck would be to hide a nitrous bottle LOL. but i think stock should be fine if that really is my problem, will find out tomorrow when i test it

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya thanks i appreciate it, i was thinking of theirs but after searching found some mixed reviews on all the HO alternators dont want to risk it being my DD/only car. just didnt know if the ones i listed people had any experience with or just replace with oem (which seems to be my best bet)

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Big thanks to Greg while he was asking for the part number on my alternator found out my problem was the bolt on back of it wasn't tighten down all the way and tightened it up went right back to 13v at idle like before.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
That and being able to torque a bolt to anything more than 5lb. ft. helps...your girly man arms make it impossible...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts