Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my truck tuned by a great tuner I think he set my shift points at 6,300 is this optimal for my mods and. 1/4 mile runs

I have a
Rob cam
Brian tooley cam kit
Pickup tube
Soon to install 42 lb injectors
4" Fwi
Level 3.5 trans
Circle d 3200 stall

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Should be 6500 for 1st at least, factory is higher than 6300. Allot depends on what the truck wants, exh, intake, TB, headers, stall, rpms at shift, etc. With that cam if it was mine Id be at 6600 1-2 and 6400-6500 2-3 fwiw.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
I would, cant imagine why a great tuner would lower shift points. Especially after a cam designed to rev higher. Lots of cammed trucks run 6700-6800 in first even on a mild cam. Some do 7000 or more. 2nd to third is more load and should be lower, but if you did 6800 in first, 6500 in 2-3 & 3-4 is nothing.... Maybe he isnt all that familiar with the LS motors?

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
PCMofNC states that the effective operating range of that cam is up to 6500, so that would probably be a good place to start. Even on a built motor with larger cams I haven't seen much better times shifting much over 6600 at the track when playing with shift points myself, and moving them around a hundred or two doesn't mess with my MPH much so I doubt a couple hundred RPM's is effecting your MPH to a large degree. Probably more to do with the tune as a whole and the altitude.

Reactions: KA47

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts
I noticed a e/t gain spinning first gear 6750, but my cam is much different from a Rob cam

With a rob cam 6400~ 6,500 is a good number.

Now what are you using to get the number 6300, you said you think -

Reason I ask is the stock tach isn't very accurate .
Do you have some type of scan gauge or logger to see the actual shift rpm ?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just reviewed it in hp tuners and it's set to initiate at 5900 so it shifts at about 6100. He's going to shift it up to 6500

1 - 9 of 9 Posts