Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody seen a truck sit like this due to worn suspension components or did the previous owner bend the frame and tell me it just needed an aligment? It is lowered but not properly by any means.

This truck has been in a few accidents, just by looking at the body panels I can tell theres more junkyard parts on it than original. I took the front bumper, headlights, and grille off and found a bit of damage to the body under the fender and the rad support but it really doesn't look that bad.

I got the truck on a lift and found the truck has been lowered with cut springs, deleted airbags, and some belltech struts in the rear. Damn near every bushing under this truck is SHOT. I inspected the frame and it didn't look like it has been in any major accidents but the crush zone behind the passenger side did look to have the slightest curve in it and the body to frame mounts on the passenger side and they do look shifted. The best part is the truck has a bad motor so I can't just take it to an alignment or body shop and have it inspected or aligned!

I originally thought the frame was bent so I bought another trailblazer LTZ to do a frame swap with but I am trying to figure out if that's really the problem.
Can anyone throw me any pointers?
Land vehicle Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky
Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel
Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Wheel
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,127 Posts
Looks like the body took a serious hit for the body mounts to shift like that. And the rear axle will sit more towards the pass side when lowered if an adjustable pan hard bar is not used so that's normal.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got up under it again today and took the front passenger side wheel off. The tower that the strut (part welded to the frame) and A-arm mounts to has a weld on it where the A-arm mounts up, which was an attempt to repair the damge. The wheel well under the fender liner looks like the wheel was pushed back into the body/fenderwell when it was wrecked but it doesnt look like it did much to the body other than scrape it up. Looks like the passenger side took the hit that's causing all the trouble. The fender apron is straight but I'm wondering if the body is somehow warped, suspension components are bent, or if it's the frame itself that's bent. Like I said the crush zone on the passenger side has a very slight wave in it and the surrounding area has surface rust on it from where the paint chipped off. I'm leaning on a frame swap at this point.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
53 Posts
Anybody seen a truck sit like this due to worn suspension components or did the previous owner bend the frame and tell me it just needed an aligment? It is lowered but not properly by any means.

This truck has been in a few accidents, just by looking at the body panels I can tell theres more junkyard parts on it than original. I took the front bumper, headlights, and grille off and found a bit of damage to the body under the fender and the rad support but it really doesn't look that bad.

I got the truck on a lift and found the truck has been lowered with cut springs, deleted airbags, and some belltech struts in the rear. Damn near every bushing under this truck is SHOT. I inspected the frame and it didn't look like it has been in any major accidents but the crush zone behind the passenger side did look to have the slightest curve in it and the body to frame mounts on the passenger side and they do look shifted. The best part is the truck has a bad motor so I can't just take it to an alignment or body shop and have it inspected or aligned!

I originally thought the frame was bent so I bought another trailblazer LTZ to do a frame swap with but I am trying to figure out if that's really the problem.
Can anyone throw me any pointers? View attachment 103163 View attachment 103164 View attachment 103165 View attachment 103166 View attachment 103167 View attachment 103168 View attachment 103169 View attachment 103170 View attachment 103171

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
53 Posts
Well the only way your going to really tell is to take it to a reputable body repair shop with a frame alignment platform. Yeah thats gonna cost some money

1 - 5 of 5 Posts