Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I read through old posts but the store links don't work for some reason. My '07 SS basically is the worst ride ever now and the air shocks deflate often when sitting.

I'd like to get rid of the air and saw all the posts on what a great ride the belltech setup is. I am furthest from as a mechanic as you can get but have a great one nearby. What part would I need to buy to have him change it all out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Also yes I will be towing a boat. What ride height is recommended?

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
193 Posts
I'm no expert, and I don't town with mine. With that set up you will lose some towing capacity but there are other options. replace the bags, or coil springs with helper bags. Ride height is your personal choice. Tony ( NORCALSS ) runs the TbSS store and can give you more guidance.

·
Registered
Trailblazer 3SS
21 Posts
I just replaced front/rear on my RWD '07 with the Belltech set-up from Tony's store and highly recommend them; its a night and day difference. I think the entire set-up cost $300 shipped (you reuse your front springs though). I kept my rear bags though because I prefer them- to each their own though.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Thumbs up on Tony’s stuff. I put factory height on my 06, rides great, definitely more firm than the air ride. I just bought the kit dropped it at the shop, and for an hour of labor no longer have to fudge with the compressor in the hatch to set the height. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Absolutely use Tony @ NorcalSS. TBSS is night and day. I'm AWD for now and wouldn't hesitate to tow just about anything anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts