Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How low can you get with these, from ground to fenderlip, without any other mods(AWD)?
Those who has installed these, what setup did you ended up with(rebound/compression) and how`s the ride with these?

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
im pretty sure you can tuck the wheels in the fender - because i still have like over an inch to go down and i have zero gap in between the tire n fender - and i used 5 away from softest setting on the bottom - and 10 for the top - i would still like to mess with the settings a little but ride is fine right now

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
How low can you get with these, from ground to fenderlip, without any other mods(AWD)?
Those who has installed these, what setup did you ended up with(rebound/compression) and how`s the ride with these?

Thanks,

Pete
Like ive told people you can go low on awd but 31 inches is the point i dont go past. Sure some people have been fine while others have problems just want to make that clear.

You can bring it down to 30 inches and ride is excellent due to the compression/rebound setting but main thing is you need to grind that upper a arm because at 30 inches you will damage that spindle to a point of cracking and you could have a major accident.

Best thing for you would be put the a arm on and jack up the lower control arm with swaybar taken off and no struts inside and then grind until it clear fully when the a arm comes all the way up and taps the fenderwell.

now in rear if you care about ride best bet is going with the belltech spring. I have the rear belltech spring that is trimmed and with belltech shocks and rides great.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So the highest I can go will be 31.25" with these and lowest 30" right?
Is there only 1.25" adjustability on these coilovers? Thats a small adjustment.

Pete

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
if you crank down highest is 31.75 inches lowest is 29.75. 2 inches of adjustment

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best thing for you would be put the a arm on and jack up the lower control arm with swaybar taken off and no struts inside and then grind until it clear fully when the a arm comes all the way up and taps the fenderwell.
QUOTE]

That is a lot of work for that. Does your modified A-Arms clear it at 30" rideheight? (Allthough I`m going to be most likely at 31"-31.25".)
If they do, can you just give the dimensions of that cut and save all that work for me?

Pete

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
QUOTE]

That is a lot of work for that. Does your modified A-Arms clear it at 30" rideheight? (Allthough I`m going to be most likely at 31"-31.25".)
If they do, can you just give the dimensions of that cut and save all that work for me?

Pete
I don't have any here right now sorry and my a arms clear to 29 inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts