Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have the motor out I find my self with some spare time to work on some items that could use some attention or modifications.

Here is the first project I am tackling......
Porting my throttle body.

Before:

After:

More pictures and projects to come. :muahaha:
I will post as progress is made.....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Awesome job:kewlpics:

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,453 Posts
Hey Danny, looking good. I did my the other day too. Just gotta finish the polishing up of it. The heads weren't too bad, just a little more time consuming.
the rough grind:

close up of head ported left and stock port on right

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Man that looks nice. Also love the head work being done.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,453 Posts
Motor is out an cleaned up top side. Tomorrow I'll be taking the rotating assembly apart to make sure nothing else is damaged other than #7 piston. Finally got the TC bolts loose and trans apart-next is to put the HD2 kit in and pop on the Phoenix 3200 stall.

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
also would like to know how this is done, and the improvents/gains.:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used the following in order.......

I worked on it for about a half hour at a time here and there....

Probably take a couple hours to do it right if I sat and just worked on it from start to finish.

I do have an extra throttle body.
If there is enough of an interest, I could port that and do an exchange program. Say $50.00 for the work plus shipping??? :dunno: Just throwing it out there. Of course, a deposit would be needed as a core charge and refunded upon receiving your stock one......

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
have you tried it on yet??? notice any response improvement?
My motor is out right now so no, I haven't put it on mine.
Put it on a friends though and he noticed immediate increased throttle response and the rpms drop quicker to idle when you let of the gas.

He hasn't had it re-tuned since the install.
It has thrown no codes and it appears to be something you may be able to plug and play. I have heard accounts of needing tweaks in the tune to accommodate for it. (which may, or may not be true?) As of this moment
and for the last 3 weeks, the truck has probably driven almost 2k miles in that time with zero problems.

:coolthumb:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.