Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a tune to be patched from someone who was told the tuner has done over 30 TBSS's.

Well long story short the file had crazy amounts of timing (26 at WOT with the enrichment adders still in places so anywhere from 26-32 could come down) no torque management, nothing done in areas that can really improve driveabilty and performance especially off the line, etc..

I'll bet that tranny won't last long and if it goes too long on that tune it will probally get some broken ring lands

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
I just got a tune to be patched from someone who was told the tuner has done over 30 TBSS's.

Well long story short the file had crazy amounts of timing (26 at WOT with the enrichment adders still in places so anywhere from 26-32 could come down) no torque management, nothing done in areas that can really improve driveabilty and performance especially off the line, etc..

I'll bet that tranny won't last long and if it goes too long on that tune it will probally get some broken ring lands
I know you wont name names.. but is this someone that is doing business online or a local shop somewhere.

There a lot of "expert" tuners out there. It is scary really. I doubt I will ever have an ultra fast self tuned truck. When you are tuning using an asphalt dyno, you have to take small steps (and only the ones you understand), log what happened. I am having fun but longevity comes first.

PS: I am running 40 degrees timing at WOT. I will get back to tuning this weekend. Something in knocking under my hood and need to figure out what it is. Kinda sounds like marbles in a coffee can :rofl:

PSS: The guy I bought the 100mm ADM intake from is runing 12.3 at 108.8 on motor. I am going to see if he will ship me some good air with that intake. Damn !

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, he wasn't one of the vendors.. I think it was just a fellow that does it on the side with a Hptuners cable. I didn't even recognize his name.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Yep, that's why I am doing my own slow paced changes to make sure I don't screw something up.

Nothing worse than a loose cannon experimenting on someone elses ride.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
570 Posts
Sounds like the guy didn't realize that final timing isn't just high/low octane tables. Don't tell me he flatlined it at 26 threwout the entire table? Man those trucks must be popcorn machines

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
Alvin ive heard of this guy who fukked up a few tunes and if i see him i will cock slap him for a buddy of mine who took his SS there!!!! Money hungry SOB....

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
??? I'm not sure anyone would know this guy.. I didn't even know who he was.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
My buddy has a 01 Z06 that had knock sensors disabled.. LTFTs were 16+ too. That was cool. I pity the fool who asks for a n2o tune from that guy.. Richen up that PE & pull timing out of HO - the PE AFR spark adder would negate the timing change and boom..

Thanks for the heads up Alvin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts