Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, need input from those who have moved the battery to the back. Basically wanting to know how you hooked up/tied all the wires together under the hood? Pics are better...

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Do all the new Camaros have the battery in the back or just the SS's. If just the SS's, does GM make a kit for them that would work for you guys?

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
nothing that i know of...

i know joe was doing ssr battery boxes that mount under the truck... might want to contact him and see what all is involved.
:iamwithstupid:

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
im going to be looking to move mine here shortly to clean up the engine bay a bit.. and move weight around.... problem is most of these trucks have the voltage controll deal that goes around the cable... might throw a kink in the chain.
I don't think the 06's have that issue :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
nothing that i know of...

i know joe was doing ssr battery boxes that mount under the truck... might want to contact him and see what all is involved.
I don't need a relocate kit, I was throwing that out for you guys. Not sure if you guys didn't think of that and you could check it out. My truck is staying the way it is.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the SSR battery box, just needing to figure out this cluster of positives up front, which I think is starter, alternator, & common hot. I guess also what to do with the grounds as well, I'm assuming just a new common ground(s) up front and then ground the battery in the rear. I know of 3 people on the forum off hand (Joe/Leftcoast '32, Tony/Norcal, & Chris/JP Racing) have moved moved their batteries, so hoping somone will chime in to help us all out.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Positive

Battery to Starter

Starter to Fuse Box Post

Alternator to Fuse Box Post

Negative

Battery to Frame in Rear

Engine Compartment Ground to Body/Frame/Engine

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Joe has the right list... just wish someone that has already done it would post some pictures :) Easier to understand that way, sometimes...

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Joe has the right list... just wish someone that has already done it would post some pictures :) Easier to understand that way, sometimes...
I will try to take some pictures tomorrow. The pictures wont show much as the cables are all shielded.

I used the factory cable from the starter to battery and cut the end off and soldered an end to attach it to the fuse box.

I have wired 3 vehicles like this personally and walked a few others through it like described above.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
i used 0 gauge since i put my canton tank there. ill see if i can get pics

1 - 20 of 25 Posts