Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

battery cables

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  TWO-TONS-OF-FUN 
#1 ·
How I be sure if my tbss has had the battery cable upgrade or not?

#5 ·
Is this a recall or something? My truck was hard to start today and I've been noticing it's finicky lately. It will go to do it but then stop and cut out mid start. I have an Optima Redtop and have an extra wire running from the alternator to the +, and have a ground wire running to inside of the fender on the - side.

#7 ·
Didn't know the red top optima was no good?

#12 ·
i wouldnt put an optima in my garbage can.... the can is too good for that junk...

guys having charging problems, or starting problems... i had an intermittent no crank no start, then a click... then start... then nothing... and repeat...

did some diagnostics.. and it was a bad battery. battery had a bad cell.

the battery cable upgrade is an aftermarket product, not a gm product, nor is there any recalls, nor tsb's about them.

#13 ·
Interesting to note. I'm going to do a test on my battery and see what's going on. My truck will occasionally do it...it will almost start, slow down to a click and then stop completely. I'll have to do it a few times and leave the key pushed forward for it to start. The battery hasn't been showing weak on the stock voltage gauge but who knows how trustworthy that is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.