Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a good dyno tune is better for the life of the motor over the stock tune? I'm talking a basic engine safe tune with the awd dyno and hp tuners. I'd like to see a better idle, a little more power, and a little better gas mileage. I don't race it.

Also is there a way to look up the closest awd dyno to my location?

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Yes a tune will fix all that and add to trans life as well. I'm sure someone around here will chime in to the closest AWD dyno in your area.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,532 Posts
A good street tune will work just fine. The tuner makes more of a difference than the type of tune. I personally have a street tune.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I kinda wanted to do the dyno because they say every car is different. Hopefully I got to someone who knows what they are doing.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
A good street tune will work just fine. The tuner makes more of a difference than the type of tune. I personally have a street tune.

I think the main advantage of the dyno is the ability to safely run WOT pulls...and do them consistently back to back as adjustments are made. I'm not sure about others, but doing consistent 140mph runs on a safe road is not easily done where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,532 Posts
I think the main advantage of the dyno is the ability to safely run WOT pulls...and do them consistently back to back as adjustments are made. I'm not sure about others, but doing consistent 140mph runs on a safe road is not easily done where I live.
Agreed, but it seemed to me that the original poster was looking for a daily driver / efficient engine tune and not a full out race tune. With a street tune you can vary the way you drive from easy to WOT and validate all driving modes.

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts

I do it all the time. 130mph is enough

I prefer both dyno and street - my truck is only street tuned and runs great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts